Replies

• In all my testing and discussion with Leonard, it is still invoked by Ch7/8 in 3.2.  I suppose it would be cool as its own flight mode, but I haven't noticed it as an option yet.

• oops double post

• This is just what we need!!! Autotune is not quite producing the results for me just yet and my Tarot 680 is twitchy twitchy twitchy!

F550 standard frame is not too bad but still needs some work - Does anyone have a good PID set for a standard F550 motors and frame set?

Cant wait for the revised Autotune!

Willing to test pre release if required... Andy

• Hello All,

I have a Tarot Pro FY680 with a Pixhawk. Today while attempting to do an autotune, it finished the roll portion then during the pitch portion it all went bad.  After pitching normally several times, the hex suddenly acted as if it was given full forward and it flipped at least 6 or 7 times as it went from about 25 feet to zero.  I attached a log and hope someone can give me an idea as to what happened?

Barney Liftoff

32.BIN

• Developer

Bernie,

It looks like a brownout although it could be anything that suddenly causes the board to completely stop functioning.  Basically all we can see is that the board suddenly stops logging.  There doesn't appear to be anything unusual in the board voltage, battery voltage or current although we normally don't see anything in these messages because brownouts happen very quickly.

3702668774?profile=original

• Randy,

I do agree that the data stopped suddenly.  The hex spun about the left/right axis and when it hit the ground, the battery disconnected.  When you suggest a brownout, are you referring to the receiver or the Pixhawk?  I believe that I clearly heard a couple of the motors go to full speed.  Probably the front 2.  I had thought that up to the point that the battery disconnected, that the esc's would have voltage but the pulse width would probably go to not zero but shut off in case of a brownout.  Wouldn't that prevent any esc's from going full tilt?  I thought that all of the motors would come to a stop. 

Barney Liftoff

Bernie

• Developer

Bernie,

I think the Pixhawk browned out.  During a brownout I wouldn't expect the ESCs to go to full throttle but it's possible they would freeze at their last known value.  Ideally the motors should be shut-down if the board has enough power to do that.  The motor levels change so quickly on a multicopter that it's possible that some motors were working hard to correct a momentary rotation, the brownout happened, and then they were left in that state which made it continue with that correction.

Let me check around a bit with others in the team on how the Pixhawk handles brownouts.

• Randy,

My Pixhawk is powered by number 1 esc which happens to be a Castle Talon 35.  The power gets to the pixhawk by the output channel 1.  I read that I can power the pixhawk through the power port.  Would that be the preferred method?

Bernie

• Developer

Bernie,

I'm not an expert on the Pixhawk hardware but if it's the same power-supply I wouldn't expect it to matter whether it's fed through the power port or where the ESCs connect at the back of the Pixhawk.

I think the more reliable method is to use a power module (assuming you're using a 3S or 4S battery and current is under 90amps) and an ESC/BEC plugged into the back.

• I've had this condition happen twice recently, the logs stopped and the vehicle just plummeted, but it was with Plane and we're pretty sure related to the condition that is fixed by the addition of the Zener diode.  Not sure if that applies to copter?

Bernie, any chance you have some digital servos plugged in to the servo rail, or only the ESCs?

This reply was deleted.

Activity