AC3.2.1 APM 2.5 Throttle pulsates in Loiter

Hi.

I have a problem after updating AC to 3.2.1 from 3.1.5.

When in Loiter, the the speed of the motors rev up and down/pulsate quite rapidly. This was working fine when I was using previous versions of arducopter.

I have downloaded the logs, and have looked into accX, accY and accZ. These seems to be inside the range specified in the wiki at arducopter. (Log_vibrations.bin)

Please have a look at the Log.bin, and note the difference between ThrIn and ThrOut when I'm in Loiter mode.

Anyone having any idea what the problem may be?

Log.bin

Log_Vibration.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looking at the code it has changed A LOT between 3.2 and 3.2.1 - it's basically a bulk integration of the 3.3 sensor code as far as I can tell. I am not at all convinced that the default handling is right in the new code, but its changed so much that a direct comparison is very difficult. I'm hoping someone who understands (@Tridge? it was his change) can make an assertion one way or another.

• I will have to reload 3.2.1 and try that setting. I wonder what the difference in 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 is.
  • Perhaps my question got lost among all the other postings. In short: By tuning down Throttle Rate and Throttle Accel I got rid of the pulsing, but Alt Hold behavior is still bad. What should I tune next to improve Alt Hold? Screenshots, log and quad specs here.

• As I wrote here before for my copter (Y6b with large props) it makes a big difference in alt hold performance wether I use a canopy or not - perhaps props influencing baro in pixhawk.

Especially the dramatic drop after braking from fast forward flight is almost gone.

Do you use some kind of canopy?

• :o :o :o ; some weeks ago I bougth a salad and comes with a light weight  canopy so I store it but not use yet, my Original build had a canopy with open slots for pressure but I removed because It's 100grs weight, for your comment but not conveinced I try with the salad canopy and the cuad flyes with a rock solid altitude hold :))), I test agressive flying side to side and perfect :O all the life of this cuad loose altitude when I fly agressively side to side, specially for left, I try many things and nothing or little changes including the first canopy; I complete surprise, today little wind, I'm going to try again in windy day. MANY THANK's for your comment Hubertus.

Here my improvised canopy photo

3702693416?profile=original

• Another surprise when I read logs, horrible vibs near limits, I never can fly with this vibs levels, my papers are burning :O  (this copter is in rebuilding process waiting an ext compass and more adecuate props) ; I'm going to do more test to confirm if this is realy true  on windy days and share here.

• yeah, nobody read manuals this days...

• Perhaps part of reply is here from instructions http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/altholdmode/

• There are no real tuning hints in the wiki. Randy's suggestions (No. 3 and 4) were the first explicit ones I found. And they worked fine regarding the pulsing motors. But I have no idea what to do to prevent the quad changing altitude that dramatically (see screenshots above).

This reply was deleted.

Activity