AC3.3 TradHeli Release Discussion

WARNING to TradHeli users:

Do not attempt to fly AC3.3 until you hear otherwise from me.  I have not even bench tested it yet, let alone test flown it.  There are quite a lot of changes that have gone in that could be crash-o-matic for helicopters.

AC3.3 release for Tradheli is likely to be delayed.

This post will serve as the official release progress thread for TradHeli.

Warning: DO NOT FLY RC6!  It has a critical bug that will likely end in a crash.

Warning for RC5:

RATE_YAW_FILT_HZ param will change defaults from 5Hz to 20Hz to be more suitable for helicopters.  If you have never changed this parameter from 5 before, then it will automatically update the value to 20 without warning.  This much faster filter will probably require reduction in your P and D terms, and the yaw may oscillate badly.  Be prepared to retune these.  As a safety measure, probably cut them in half for your first take-off.

Warning #2 for RC5:

I accidentally broke the Landing Detector.  It will probably never trigger.  You should land in Stabilize mode, or be prepared to shut down the motor as soon as it touches the ground in Alt_Hold, Loiter, Auto, etc.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  
    ALIGN 500DFC TradHelicopter Pixhawk AC3.3 AutoLand bug ?
    After automissions at once, after RTL, everything is normal; automated tasks to run once again, after RTL, select mode Land, after landing, on this phenomenon, thanks to timely open flame switch only to avoid the main rotor hit the ground .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsrEJQ-ZKmA

• Do you have the logs?  That's not normal at all.  The descent rate is not steady at all.  And it should have shut down shortly after touching the ground.  It looks like it was attempting to fly forward, perhaps correcting position.

I do encourage everybody to keep their Tx at close hand to kill the motor if attempting auto-landings.  At least until you're sure it's working well.  Well, it's a good thing always.

• After weeks of to much wind I was be able to test first time the newest FW v 3.3.2rc1 today.

I did my usual Fl.modes : Stab, AltHold, Loiter, and RTL.

Everything was very good and the auto landing was perfect including motor turn off ( disarm).

Without any wind I could hover in STAB without corrections.

The Heli was my RJX 500 with direct drive variable p. tail. FC: HK Pilot32 - TX Spektrum DX8

• Great, so it sounds like the auto-roll-trim is working for you?  

• Rob,

I have done the FW 3.3.2rc1 test with  the TREX Align 700E DFC yesterday.

Same test and same good result as with the 500 Heli, but windy.

The 700 was also perfectly mechanically trimmed before. I am using the Align Digital Pitch Gauge - AP800. Heli to be perfectly leveled on the bench and than it works.

FC: 3DR Pixhawk  TX Spektrum DX8

Thank,s for the great FW 3.3 

• Yes, with my 500 Heli definitely.

I trim with turnbuckles mechanically.

Soon I try the 700 Align.

• Logs .bin is here :

http://playuav.com/file/download/file_name-YzdiYWYwMjlhNjQ3ZTIyZjYy...

• I tried to download this file, but I get a page that I don't understand.

• Ok, my incredibly dry and boring setup video is here.  Grab a coffee.

• I will reset up my Trex this weekend.

Thanks for the hard work.

This reply was deleted.

Activity