Hello everyone, I am reaching out to all those that have the understanding on how to connect the V1 - V2 3drobotics telemetry on the Walkera X350 Pro Devo-M

I have the modules V1 and installed the Air Module to the Devo-M and the other plugged into my laptop computer. When I run mission planner I start to hear a voice telling me which Mode I am in, and if I change it during this startup it will respond again which makes me believe it is getting some of the information to the PC.

During the startup it brings up a box saying Connecting Mavlink, and inside the box Getting Params.. (sysid 1 compid1) shortly after it will error so I clicked on the details and the last photo shows what it said.

I don’t know who to turn too so I am hoping someone here has the technical ability to help. Even if I can ot communicate in both directions, it would be Wonderful to just have my quad sending its information to Mission Planner so I can see exactly what it is doing. Also if there is a specific category I should post this in please let me know.

Please help

Grandpa Jake

20140719_151925.jpg

20140719_152100.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After I hooked up the telemetry v1 modules I connect through the usb cable. I set all my waypoints and speed settings which did seem to work just fine. I then make sure I have my battery connected at this point. Then I disconnect the usb cable but make sure the 350 is still powered by the battery. I am outside at my launch point by the way. I then change my connection to the port I have the V1 telemetry module to. But I dont click on connect, instead and this seems to be the key I press ctrl T and it will connect. You can only see what the 350 is doing and reporting, which is fine for me. You can not send commands back or at least I dont know of a way.
                • Also did you find the setting for waypoint mission speed?

• OK so how are you getting it to report back? 

• Once you press the Ctrl and T  can you then see the realtime Flight Data? 

• nope just no connection error.  still have the flight modes showing... no realtime flight data.

• Just like to place this link (below) for reference purposes.

Guide for Adding Telemetry to the Walkera QR X350 Pro  - with Photo

http://www.dronetrest.com/t/adding-telemetry-to-the-walkera-qr-x350...

• It seems to make the connection to my computer because as it is loading up mission planner I here the voice telling me where I have my switch. And if I change it again it is recognized. but then as it continues to try and load things it times out and displays failure. And then I can not see any of the active information any longer. Maybe there is a setting within mission planner to not error at that point. So just for the heck of it I tried to load AMP Planner and it went through and I was able to monitor the X350. So could I make all my settings and mission with Mission Planner and setup one of the switches to activate the mission. If that works I could watch the activity and status on AMP Planner?

I though more people would have figured this out, but maybe in time we will get more positive results.
              • It is worth noting at least on my end I did not change the resistor as shown in the diagram as I read somewhere it did not actually need to be changed.  Can anyone confirm they have changed the resistor and what kind of results did you have?

• Ok I will be trying apm planner this afternoon.  Still looking for a solution to MP though with the v2 radios and devo-m

• I was able to try several things this afternoon.  First I downloaded APM planner.  I don't get a connection error.  However, I don't get any position data either.  I do get current flight mode when I switch it from my transmitter. 

I also tried three different android apps.  The two droid planners v1 and v2 and Andropilot.  Same results with those.. I get no connection error, no position information but I do get current flight mode feedback. 

I tried with the android apps to send and receive waypoint information to see if data was being sent and received and I did not have success with that. 

So... still stumped. 

Anyone who know the answer this this next question please answer..

The CTS and RTS Clear to send and Request to send pins are shown in a 3dr v2 pinout.. they seem to be used on the actual apm autopilots but no where when wiring the devo-m.  What are they used for and could they be causing the issue?

This reply was deleted.

Activity