Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gabor,

Do we have software for editing the character files? I think we need to create an RSSI icon for Burt's RSSI display. It also needs adding to the config tool. I started looking in to that today, although Pedro seems to have done a lot of work there so he may be able to do it easily.

• Anyone is using RSSI yet? :)

• HI everyone and thanks for all this work!

I am trying various versions here, but I have an over riding problem.  When I change modes on my controller the osd sometimes goes off and will not come back on...

I tried disabling the on/off but I think I may be having problems loading the firmware..

One question I have is this.. Can I connect a 5 volts to the video side of the board when I have the usb side plugged in and using the config tool?  I know I did this before to get the firmware to load, but now I have tied both sides together by the 2 solder tabs so I was wondering if I can still add the 5 volts?  I want to try that but don't want to fry it of course..

Thanks for any help!

how is the onscreen waypoints development working?

• Well your all never going to believe it! First flight ever today with the new plane, APM 2.5, camera, minimosd and everything on board. I took off, flew for about a minute and boom... My ESC completely dies. Unbelievable haha well I was on downwind so I made an early turn in, over shot the runway and landed perfectly in a soft bush. No damage. I must be the luckiest pilot ever today.
  • Good news: 

2.60 just came out yesterday. :)

"a new RECEIVER_RSSI_PIN compile time option, to allow you to display receiver RSSI via MAVLink. This should be useful for FPV flying."

• Oh man. I just spent 2 hours coding the OSD only to find that it doesn't save when you hit Verify or Upload. It did ask me to save as I exited but I thought I must have hit a key accidentally or something so I clicked No. <sigh>

At least I made a change log so I can go back through and do it again over the weekend, it won't take as long the second time. :)

• Good morning! (East Coast flyer here)

I wanted to pass along some info that might help out a few people.  I had a heck of a time hooking up my MinimOSD to my APM 2.5 board.  The telemetry port is now a small plug-in type of connection so jumping off those connections is much more difficult.  You CAN use the UART 0 port on the side of the APM board though.  I connected the +5v, GND, and Tx on the APM to the Rx on the OSD and it is working beautifully now.  I have 1.29.1 loaded and a good char set uploaded and I am hoping to get a first flight soon!  Also I noticed that I am having much more success getting a solid char set uploaded when I have the video side powered up while I use the FTDI cable to upload it.

Big thank you to everyone on here working hard to add features and refine this set up!  You guys rock and I love the work your doing on this.  Thank you all for your hard work! 

• Hey Guys...I don't like the fact that you default to feet when NTSC is selected.  I think feet/meters should be separate from PAL/NTSC.

Seems like if I do this, I'll get my meters back.  Is that the case?  I'll try and break out a separate menu item for video vs. measurements.

if (EEPROM.read(measure_ADDR) == 0){
    // converts = 3.6;
    // converth = 1;
    // spe = 0x81;
    // high = 0x8D;
    converts = 2.23;
    converth = 3.28;
    spe = 0xfb;
    high = 0x66;

}
    else{
    converts = 2.23;
    converth = 3.28;
    spe = 0xfb;
    high = 0x66;
    }

Thanks!

• Hehe!

The project came alive!

I think that i will just sit back and listen a bit. :)

All the committers have really good ideas, it is good to see them working on this.

Can't wait to see the result! :)

I think this little team will make MinimOSD the best OSD! :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity