Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here's a video using r572. A couple of small problems. ARMED character is displaying just a vertical line. I updated my character set using CT2304 r571. I should upload the file Latest_Charset.mcm right?

Also my TA has been reading 257000 meters. My true altitude should be about 400 meters. What's causing that? On the MP I just see HA since on copters it doesn't use true altitude?

• Does anyone know if this is still necessary in the latest 2.9.1b code to enable rssi?

If you use APM2 or 2.5 than add: "#define CONFIG_APM_HARDWARE APM_H...

• Is it possible to use the signal strength from APM? I don't have a way to use real RSSI from my receiver yet but I know that the APM gives a type of signal strength based off some other monitoring?

• Hi,

New pre-release versions:

CT Tool 2.3.0.4

Charset MinimOSD_2.3.0.4.mcm:
    Changed "SA" char (Sea level altitude) to "MSL" (Mean Sea Level). More real flight terms alike ;)

CT Tool for MinimOSD Extra 2.3.0.4
    Bug fixes regarding saving panels/changing panels order alphabetically/by category.

MinimOSD Extra Copter 2.3 r568

Altitude panel now shows GPS altitude since Arducopter doesn't send MSL altitude to HUD.

Arm/Disarm information:
    1 - Showing again disarmed message in the warnings panel (like in the featured video).
    2 - Showing in flight mode panel. When copter is armed it will show a "skull" right after flight mode. For example: In stabilize, if disarmed shows "stab", if armed shows "stab<skull>"

Regards,

Miguel

• I like Jorg's smooth AH and the skull/crossbones is cool, but I want to keep my small font characters. I can use the Max wizard to modify Jorg's mcm, but I figured there has to be a better way. Does anyone have advice on a more efficient way to transfer individual characters between 2 mcm files? ...maybe just cut/paste lines in a text editor?

• I concur with f1 screen looks really messy with the current setup.
  • Is it possible to have the symbols like HOME HA TA CLOCK etc on the right after the unit of measurement? It takes up a lot of extra space being on the left like it is.

• CT 2303 still dont write panel2. r564.hex and char2303

• I would prefer not having a skull and crossbones during the whole flight. You'll get so used to the icon it will lose its effect and won't warn you after you land that you are still armed. I say either an indicator that tells you it's disarmed, just so you have confirmation. Or an armed indicator that displays only when not in flight. Trigger will require some thought.

Sorry about the placement of this post, for some reason I couldn't find the "reply" button for the thread on my iPhone browser.
  • Having a lot of weird issues with the pre-release R559 (copter) on v1.1 board... for some reason the video is not outputting the entire osd screen area...at :18 seconds into the video most of the characters drop and then at 41 seconds into the video the characters jumble into the middle...

thanks for the help,

Steve

This reply was deleted.

Activity