Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• See page 283 of this thread for further discussion on this issue...I don't think that it ever got resolved.

• Thanks Jim, had a quick test flight there and your solution works - Thanks.

I read through from page 283 and I now plan to mess about with the link pwm values in the Config page of the config tool to see if I can get it to go to 0% when I switch the radio off on the bench rather than it displaying 248990 as it does now.

• Phil,

I always get a similar problem...too many %% signs.  I believe that it is a bug in the firmware (one which I wish they would correct).  My "fix" is to simply switch between OSD screens using channel 6 or 7, as set up in the MinimOSD OSD software.  This corrects the problem.

• It shows samething with me something like 100%6% on the rssi data. But I can easily erase it by just switching to diffferent osd screen. As you all know in the configurator, we have the option to set a channel from apm/pixhawk which we can change the on-screen display from osd 1 to osd 2, and last the blank screen with no osd. I used channel 6 on a momentary switch in my taranis. Then in the configurator, i checked the "Rotation switching". I also disable the warning screen so when there's warning prompt like "Low battery" , "stall" etc. my osd screen will not change to it's current state. 

• I am getting not very far with my minimOSD v2.0 and (seemingly) any APM unit running AC3.2.1.

APM units are a 2.5 (with internal compass disconnected), and a newer (full-size) APM Pro.  Both are powered via a clone power module (v1.0 on one, v5.0 on another), and have GPS (NEO-6M on one, NEO-8N on the other).

If I load up minimOSD-2.0, I get everything - battery status, updated GPS sats, the lot.

BUT, with any other version (i've been sticking to stable releases, such as 2.2-extra and 2.4-extra R800) I get the dreaded non-updating zero values.

I've fiddled with SR0 and SR1 parameters, used the Enable Telemetry function from the OSD page on MP, but to no avail.  Weird thing though is that if I connect to MP with the battery connected, then disconnect from MP (with battery still plugged in) I get all values shown as expected.  But then, if I disconnect and reconnect the battery, it's back to the big fat zeroes.

The only thing I haven't tried is UART0 - the APM 2.5 I haven't soldered in the headers, and with the APM Pro if I use that port then MP will connect but won't read any parameters and hangs.

TBH I don't mind minimOSD-2.0 at all really - though I do miss the minimised Heading Rose and the Total Distance features of the Extra versions.

Any ideas?  I've (like many) spent a number of days trying to nail this but with no luck.

• Download Mission Planner 1.3.16 from HERE

Change the sr parameters like in the picture (set SERIAL1_BAUD to 57) and save. Disconnect and restart and see if it works.

3702602384?profile=original

• I've tried those parameters before (and other permutations i've found others using)...sometimes SR0 parameters get reset though the next time I reconnect to MP.  Kinda like how with the Battery Monitor I can never select "3DR Power Module" - it always resets back to "Other" regardless of how I hold my tongue.

I'm running MP 1.3.32 at the moment - could that version be the culprit?

• People, there is no problems with any MP version. SRx params will reset to whatever you set them in the MP "Planner" tab every time you connect to your USB or any telemetry port via 3dr radios/wifi/bluetooth. All you need to do is to dedicate any telemetry port to minimosd and set SR params to THAT specific serial port. SR0 is NOT telem one, it is the serial port used by USB connection. SR1 is telem1 and so on. Keep in mind that if you'll use that serial port ro connect to MP via 3DR radio MP will resett SR values for that port according to what is specified in the "Planner" tab. 

• Actually i have to disagree with you. If you are using MinimOSD Extra Copter (most of us do) you need to change SR0 and SR1 Parameters (https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM). If you do that with the latest MP, those parameters keep resetting to default once you connect to MP or restart the APM. With an older MP (like the one i posted in the link) those parameters will be saved and won't reset to default.

• Well, you misunderstood me what I am saying is that resetting SR params is the intended behaviour, not a bug. MP simply does what you (defaults) are requesting from it. Ifyou do kot like those you need to change connection setrings in the MP "Planner" tab or use a different telemetry port like 2, 3, 4 or 5 :) and adjust SR settings for those separately. Juat do not use any of those serial ports to connect to MP(in any way: usb or wifi or bluetooh) 

This reply was deleted.

Activity