Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Never mind, having problem uploading the software to the MinimOSD board.

• Do you mean we have newer versions of the tickets, or newer versions of the firmware that solve these closed tickets?
    I see #84 was closed for example. Does this indicate minimosdextra shows battery2 voltage???
    • I have closed all issue tickets on project page, as most of them are old, and also we have newer versions.

If you find issues plese report it there.

I will try my best to catch up. :)

Gábor

• Not exactly,

It is more like i did not follow it in the past. There was at least 60 active ticket. I had no idea if those are still relevant. I needed a "clear house", to be able to see the most important issues at the moment.

I still don't have much time for this and don't want to waste it on obsolete issues.
      So if you had a ticket, where the problem is still present please update it, so i will know it is still relevant.

Thx,
      Gábor

• Got it, thanks  I must have missed a letter using shift on the password field

• I spoke to Gabor and he was kind enough to supply me with an updated firmware with the WP Arrow bug fixed. More details and the .hex file are posted on my RCG thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30057828&postcoun...
    RC Groups - View Single Post - Modifying the MinimOSD Charset to look less cluttered (for Dummies)
    RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums,…
    • Hello Iskess,

Thank you. If it wouldn't be imposing on you too much further, would you mind posting the character set and config.exe that works with the hex? I always manage to end up with a mixed bag that precipitates some strange characters. Thanks for reaching out to Gabor.

Glad to hear Gabor is okay. His contributions are much appreciated. As far as carrying the torch, I seem to recall another fellow being quite active at one time. I think his name was Miguel?

Steven

• Hey Steven G, it looks like Gabor posted a link to the whole package above. That will make it easy for everyone. 

My understanding is the Miguel is in the same situation as Gabor, too much work and not enough free time. 

Miguel was working on a very exciting project that I hope he, or someone, can continue it. Imagine a CT Tool that compiles the firmware .hex automatically so everyone can create their own custom firmware that includes only the panels they need. This would pretty much solve the space issue we are having, and we can develop new features. Each user could choose how they want to spend their MinimOSD's space. 

Short of someone creating an entirely new OSD, this is my dream. Miguel, if you read this, could you let us know if you made any progress on this before real life got in the way?

• Hello Iskess,

Absolutely.

Also to be honest i have lost interest a bit on this, as i did not even fly since a year at least.

You know it does not feels good to work on something you can't even use...
          You bet, i did this for myself at least 50%. :)

But, if i have a chance to get back to the hobby, i might set fire here again. :D
          Let's say this is the root cause why i stayed away.

I still don't know the future, my heart beats for this hard, still!

About CT; I can't speak in the name of Miguel, but i was also very excited on his ideas!
          I will ask him about it.

Gábor

• What a pitty Gabor :( , you did a great job here, when I bougth my first minim it was tree lines, now it have a lot of great information for fligth; THANKSSSS!!!!! for all this impressive work :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity