Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Iskess,

I'll look for that battery 2 message.

Thanks for pointing that change! ;)

Miguel

• Miguel,

What is the latest stable version of Copter?

Thanks!

• I have a couple of boards that I know work but that i can't upload the current fw to. I can do everything else with them including updating the character set. When I try to upload the firmware I see it say uploading 1% then 0% then 20 seconds later it says:

upload failed, lost sync. Try using arduino to upload instead.

Any idea what the problem could be?

• Hi Steve,

Could you try to hit the reset button on minimOSD right after you start the fw upload?

It seems like minimOSD is not receiving the reset to enter program mode.

Another possible issue is that some minimOSD clones don't come with Arduino bootloader installed.

If this is the case you need an ISP programmer to upload either minimOSD fw or the Arduino bootloader.

Miguel

• Hi Miguel, I have an OrangeRx 8 channels open lrs receiver, and I have an extra 3 pins with the words "rssi". Can I connect a cable from that to the apm 2.5? If so, to which port? In the "Mission Planner" it gives me the following choices for "rssi pwm input":
    A0, A1, A2, A13

Thanks,
    Ori
    • Thanks Miguel!
    • Hi Ori,

Take in account that those options in Mission Planner aren't pwm inputs. They are indeed analogue inputs (that's why people asked us to develop that pwm rssi injection on ch8).

Anyway, you may use a low pass filter to convert pwm to analogue following the instructions here (look for "Analogue RSSI 0-3.3 volts")

For my plane I'm using this filter connected to "rssi" port in openlrs receiver and connected to A0 on APM side.

Be sure to set the "rssi" port in openlrs to really output rssi (if my memory doesn't fail, there are a few more options you may choose to what that pin outputs).

Miguel

• Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the info,

I did not understand the diagram in the link you sent me:

3702661941?profile=original

Could you please send me a picture of a real cable with this parts, or a pictures of the parts / capacitors / filters, so that I could know what to buy and solder?

Also, If I understood any of this, according to the diagram the Signal and Ground are soldered together through filters or whatever and go to the analog port in the apm?

Sorry for the noob question, I'm good with soldering hardware, but new with electronics...

Thanks in advance!

Ori

• Hi Ori,

I may take pictures of my build today when I get home.

However you'll just see a servo cable with some heat shrink tube.

Here you have good pictures of this cable (although with different values of resistor and capacitor). Note that black wire is used as ground and red wire is used as signal (not connected to 5V!).

Miguel

• Hi,

There is a new plane version r795

Improvement:

RSSI % now limited to setted min and max values via CT Tool, so while in % mode RSSI won't show negative values and/or values greater than 100%

All the feedback very welcome :)

Josh, for now we'll just keep it on code google, but that's something I would like to change in the future.

Miguel

MinimOSD-Extra_Plane_Pre-release_2.4_r795.hex

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3701791342?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity