Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Rich,

I'm replying here because I'm feeling the same difficulty as you show the reply in a order that makes sense :S

There you have it! :) SR1_EXT_STAT is set to 2

I guess that's why it is working via telem 1

Do you have any of the SR2 parameters available via "Full Parameters List"?

Miguel

• Hi Miguel,

Here are all my SR2 settings as is working:

SR2_EXT_STAT 2

SR2_EXTRA1 5

SR2_EXTRA2 2

SR2_EXTRA3 2

all other SR2 values are 0.

It was working well. I say 'was', because I decided to rewire my powersupply options and I think I BLEW UP my minimumOSD!

I can talk to it via the FTDI USB cable and program it, etc.

However I get no overlay text on my video any longer. Not even the bootstrap message.

Now that it was working, I decided to wire it to my FW450.

I was using the FatShark 12V filter. I had mistakenly thought that this device was a 12V regulator. Unfortunately, it is not a regulator, but it's only a FILTER!  My problem is that I'm using 4S on my FW450. So I sent 16 volts to the minimumOSD to the 12V input. I'm afraid I cooked it as I no longer get video output from it (I get my camera video, but no boot message, nor other video OSD data.

Does anyone know if these are repairable easily, or should I simply purchase a new one? I was excited to finally fly with an OSD, but now I won't be doing that soon. LOL

Micheal, I don't know if you saw my other questions about why my callsign was not being displayed, or my other questions, but perhaps we can take it up here. Perhaps we were too deep into the thread and there were no more layers of 'reply' available? LOL :)

Thanks for your help. Let me know if there are any clues on how to repair my overvoltage issue on the minimumOSD. Or I'll just order a new one.

• Hi Miguel,

Sorry for posting here but i didn't know where to post my problem in this thread.

I have recently upgraded from an APM2.0 to a Pixhawk PX4. Everything works fine
      except i cannot get any Mavlink data into the Minimosd

My Setup:

Mission Planner v1.3.5 build 1.1.5260.33055
      APMPlane FW v3.0.3
      Pixhawk PX4 (3DR)
      Minimosd  (3DR Non-Clone)
      NO 3DR RADIO USED

3702497480?profile=original

The Minimosd Boots up fine, but then i get "No MAV DATA!".
      The Minimosd has both power jumpers soldered and is powered just from the PX4.

I have spent a couple of days on this now and tried all the setting i can find regarding the SR1 parameters,
      but nothing works.
      I have also tried using Minimosd v2.0 and even swapping the rx/tx wires.

Iam currently using (Plane):

CT Tool for MinimOSD Extra 2.4.0.1 Pre Release r788

MinimOSD_Extra_Plane_Pre_release_Beta_R780.hex

MinimOSD_2.4.0.1.mcm

Does anyone know of a solution for getting this to work?

James

• Ok - after many hours of playing around with MinimOSD and MinimOSD Extra versions and

trying every conceivable combination/settings of the SR1 parameters

I have been able to get Mavlink data from the Serial1 port to my PX4 and it works!

My simple solution - downgrade APM Plane from v3.0.3 to v3.0.1

It would seem to me that there is a major bug in v3.0.3

• I am new to APM and having the same issue.  How do you downgrade to v3.0.1?  Download the hex and flash from a local file?

• Hi Adrian,

In Mission Planner there is a Download Previous versions (or something like that).

• Thank you sir!

• No Problem.

It drove me mad when i had this problem, i hope it sorts it for you!

• Please report your process and findings on GitHub so the bug can be tracked. Tridge is putting out a new version 3.0.4 any day now, and he is looking for outstanding bugs to patch. I doubt he is even aware of this.
      • Hi James,

Have you configured your SR parameters as per the wiki? I'm not sure why but I've had those params reset to default when upgrading the apm/pixhawk firmware.

This reply was deleted.

Activity