Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Fixing this is greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Hi Motion Man,

I believe we are on the same page :)

RSSI weird values are because of APM reported values that are outside the min and max setted on minimOSD.

We'll be releasing a fix so if below minimum just shows 0% and above max shows 100%

Miguel

• Ahhm, maybe some confusion here. I'm asking about weird values on minimosd startup for RSSI ?

Are we on the same page ?

• Ah, very helpful, thank you Miguel.  Do I perhaps make an entirely separate Arduino folder (copy my existing 1.0.3 folder) and then move the contents of LibrariesOK in to that?  Or will they conflict with each other?  

• Hi Josh,

Could you make a test?

1.Check the min and max pwm values for your ch8 (via Mission Planner for example).

2.Set the min and max rssi pwm in CT Tool to a larger interval (a lower min and a greater max than the ones you obtained in 1.)

It seems that sometimes pwm on ch8 achieves a lower/greater value than the ones setted on CT Tool so it jumps to a invalid value.

Since the panel only "cleans" 4 chars (100%) and the minimum value the variable can achieve is -32768 (6 chars plus the % char) the end 3 chars remain on screen (the % char should be off screen).

When you change screens it clears all osd and that's why it "fixes" the issue.

Miguel

• Hi Miguel,

i have a similar problem and have followed your instructions above.

The problem is my radio failsafe is outside of the normal min and max.

I tried to set my failsafe PWM to be the minimum i get from my 4 Ch EZUHF module(in PPM mode i get 8 ch so ch8 is RSSI)

That works fine until i tell ch8 via Immersion tools to be Link. When it is set to link the Failsafe on ch8 does not work any more so when i switch off my transmitter i see 1056 PWM versus No Signal(1499) and Full Signal(1792).

So i am always going to see a PWM value outside of my min/max when the transmitter is switched off. This in itself is not a problem but of course i get the extra char & extra % sign. I'm not using screen switching so its typically there.

Can it not be for the case where "RSSI Enable Raw" is selected up to 6 chars can be printed but if "RSSI Enable Raw" is NOT checked only print 3 chars + %.

Or if "RSSI Enable Raw" is NOT checked limit between min and max.

FYI CT 2.4.0.1 r788 and Copter r789

looking forward to your response.

• Hi Motion Man,

Minimum pwm value should be the one you get when transmitter is off (1056).

Also, if you switch your transmitter off while airborne IMHO the greatest concern shouldn't be the RSSI but instead if the Arducopter/Arduplane RTL failsafe is working fine ;)

Also, can you set a failsafe value on your radio receiver? If so you could set it near 1499 so it would be that value when you switch the transmitter off.

Miguel

• Hi Miguel,

i have set my minimum and maximum so with transmitter on its 100% and with Transmitter off its 0%. This is fine except when minimosd first powers up and before data is flowing from the APM the RSSI value is displayed as 22884%.

When data starts flowing it goes to 0% as expected but because of the extra chars at startup i still have 4% on the screen.

Yes screen switching clears it up but i don't want to screen switch.

Can this startup behaviour bug be fixed or should i use some kind of "workaround" with screen switching etc ?

Also, my Altitude display seems to be of by something like 10 mtrs.

It wasn't in earlier versions of minimosd FW.

Has Altitude been sourced from some where else in recent FW ?

• Hi Miguel,

thanks for the reply.

My RTL failsafes are working fine (ch5). I can set a failsafe on my receiver for ch8 and i did that at 1499, but, when i set ch8 with immersion tools to be LINK (not RSSI) and then turn my transmitter off i notice my PWM on ch8 is 1056 instead of 1499. Its as if with the receiver that if a channel is setup for RSSI/LINK the failsafe does not function on that channel. All other channels are correct when failsafe. Maybe its just an issue with IRC Receivers.

Irrespective i still see erroneous numbers on boot up of minimosd for the RSSI field.

• Hi Thomas,

Thanks!

It's very easy to know which charset to use:

1. Open the latest CT Tool (r788)

2. Check it's version in the window title (2.4.0.1).

3. Look for the charset with that version (MinimOSD_2.4.0.1.mcm)

We will always try to match the fw/charset/CT Tool versions.

Miguel

This reply was deleted.

Activity