Advise and help needed. Quadplane accident.

3691366881?profile=original

Hi, I am reasonably new at this and had a mishap with my quad plane yesterday. I am not at all proficient in the log analysis and would appreciate it highly if somebody with experience could look at the log and maybe advise me on what went wrong.

Firmware: Arduplane 3.8.4
Airframe: XUAV Talon 1718mm with 150mm wing extension each side
Power: Tattu, 10000mah, 6Cell, 22.2V, 25C
Pusher Motor: Maytech 3548-790-S, 790Rpm/V, 717watt
Pusher Prop: 11 x 8.5
Pusher Esc: Castle Creation Edge Lite 75
Quad Motors: 4 x KDE Direct 4012XF
Quad Props: 4 x KDE 15.5 x 3.5
Quad Esc: 4 x Castle Creation Lite 50.
Auto Pilot: Pixhawk with Power Block.
GPS & Compass: 3DR UBlox
Servo Rail Power: Separate 5 volt, 20 Amp Ubec

I took off in QLoiter and climbed to approximately 30 meters. Switched to FBWA and applied throttle. The transition was extremely smooth but soon afterwards almost seemed that when the quad motors stopped the rear pusher motor also stopped. Switch back to QLoiter and the quad motors started up and she stopped for a moment but then became completely unstable and gravity was declared the winner.

The parameter file is attached and the log file is available at: 

https://login.filesanywhere.com/Login.aspx

Password:        Cointech1

Best Regards,
Marthinus

Talon 23042018.param

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3702424651?profile=original

• When you have switched to FBWA your battery was quite low just 3,4 volts per cell, than it drops to 17,4 Volts with 59A , so 2,9 volts per cell , a condition where Lipo batteries get damaged.

Then your Ampères went gradually, 4 seconds from 59 to 0 .

So I guess that the main reason for loosing speed and then attitude was a protection procedure of the Esc that has been engaged by low voltage of battery or Esc temperature.
  • Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your response. I have checked the param file (It is also uploaded) and the avoid function is off and was not activated.

Daniel Perez said:

Hello Marthinus,

it seems like the avoid_adsb kicked in, see the image below, so I think the AVD_F_ACTION was to descend. so it went down.  also it says in the documentation: "The avoidance features are new features still under development and should be used with caution."  disable that function and try again.  Let me know how it goes!

3702424151?profile=original

Hi, I am reasonably new at this and had a mishap with my quad plane yesterday. I am not at all proficient in the log analysis and would appreciate it…
  • Dear Tom,

Appologies, I was not aware of that.

Tom Pittenger said:

ArduPilot support has moved to discuss.ardupilot.org

Hi, I am reasonably new at this and had a mishap with my quad plane yesterday. I am not at all proficient in the log analysis and would appreciate it…
  • Dear Tom,

Appologies, I was not aware of that.

Tom Pittenger said:

• Hello Marthinus,

it seems like the avoid_adsb kicked in, see the image below, so I think the AVD_F_ACTION was to descend. so it went down.  also it says in the documentation: "The avoidance features are new features still under development and should be used with caution."  disable that function and try again.  Let me know how it goes!

3702424151?profile=original

• Developer

This reply was deleted.

Activity