Aerial Photograph for agriculture purposes

Hello, my name is Alejandrina, I'm Ingenieer in agronomy production from Argentine I' m an Ardupilot  happy owner for my new Skywalker, I'm newbie with RC and autopilot, my idea is to obtain aerial photos of the crops to help me to decide fertilization in presicion agriculture; my english is very bad but I'm going to try to participate in this very useful forum.

Here's my New plane on It's first day

3690947565?profile=original

Here you can see the Ardu and the minim in the top and the Dragon downside

3690947501?profile=original

Finally the minim moves in front of the plane fro interferences with gps

I have to decide how to attach the compact camera

For the moment I attached the camera like this

3690947582?profile=original

13072012749[1].jpg

01092012774.jpg

01092012775.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Patrick for the information. I will surely join the group. At present, i fly arducopter to do aerial video/photos over large areas of banana plantations. I want to help in this field to be able to help farmers increase yield or production. Best regards.

• maker-model of the NIR camera?

• I had the same camera custom modified for $400 by

Camera Clinic

56 Easey St

Collingwood

Vic 3066

Australia

• I have the same plane and 2 of these cameras; one NIR and one RGB.

See attached.

dim14-1.pdf

• Hi Jerry, my name is Willy Fernandez from the southern part of the Philippines. I have been into UAV and doing aerial photography for Surveying and Real Estate Firms using arducopter. Now i want to get into agriculture, particularly, banana plantations.  Our place is one of the largest producer of bananas exported mainly to Japan and other places. My interest is aerial photography over large areas of banana plantations to obtain NDVI indexes to determine the health of vegetation. I am aware of Multispec sofware.  Is IR camera enough to obtain images for NDVI? Do i also need RGB camera? Any help is greatly appreciated.  Please email me at: willyfph@yahoo.com. Thanks Jerry.

• You need an RGB too, at least Red channel

• Thanks Cala for the reply. I am really new to this kind of undertaking and still doing research. The main problem i have is trying to interpret results of NDVI in determining health of vegetation.  I ran some of the NDVI images taken by others using online software. Thanks again.

• Buenas Cala. También soy colega y de Argentina. Me interesa mucho este tema. Quisiera ponerme en contacto por favor para aclarar dudas. Mi mail es geocampo1 en gmail, Saludos

• Amigos y colegas, ya pueden ingresar al grupo
  • Creo que lo del disparo lo voy a hacer con el Chdk que es el código de las canon, y un cable usb, conectado al rx. Para lo demás si me toca es ir probando a ver como salen las fotos a cierta altura aproximadamente 70 a 100m y mientras se mueve el avión para que salgan nítidas esa es la cuestion
This reply was deleted.

Activity