Aerial photography is a term used for photographs taken by an airborne vehicle such as a helicopter, a plane or a drone. These aerial images are not only fascinating for us but also are a source of information. Taking aerial photos was a very expensive exercise but not anymore, thanks to the drone technology.
few of the applications which come to mind.
- Aerial images are a source of information for disaster management services.
- Mining professionals use these images.
- Military purposes
- Entertainment purposes, such as films
- Historical studies.
- Industrial inspection and damage assessment
- Reconstruction and rehabilitation
- Agriculture applications such as crop health monitoring and spraying.
- Urban planning
- Wildlife protection
An article on Aerial Imagery Using Drones
I am collecting a comprehensive list of applications. If any application comes to mind please share.