Hi,

After I did a AutoTune my drone became too responsive.

Before AutoTune flying was way more pleasant.

To rollback these settings do I have to change the PIDs to it's defauld settings?

This is my setup:

Pixhawk with Hexa Arducopter 3.2-rc14

Mission planner 1.3.15.2 (Beta)

Below the screenschots of the PIDs before and after AutoTune:

3691164720?profile=original

3691164780?profile=original

i'm not familiar with these settings and not certain what to change.

any advice is welcome!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would retry auto tune as Jan had also suggested, if that still does not help I would manually set P.I.D's back to what they were when it was flying better. take off ,, stay low ,, less then 10FT and test the water,,

remember its better to hit the ground at 10 feet then it is at 100 ft.. dont get crazy, just lift it off the ground and see how it handles after the change.

also do ONE THING AT A TIME, its a process of elimination .

• I wil try again as soon there is no wind, mabe tomorow and change the values as they where before and execute an AutoTune again and see what that brings.

If I add a second battery (2x 5000mAh) do I have to AutoTune again?

• Usually I have 2 sets of PIDs param after Autotune, with one or two battery.

Sure weight will influence the param, so yes, try to keep 2 version of your param.

Just save them after each fly with 1 or 2 batteries.

• Also not a good idea  to Autotune with an active gimbal. I am blocking the gimbal free movement when doing Autotune. 

• Aha, my gimbal was active during AutoTune !!!!

Schould I power off the gimbal and just put the camera on it for the weight?

Please advice me on this.

• I did power off both camera and gimbal, and I did block the camera on a fix position with some rubber. or use some weight (me I am using an old Lipo with the same weight as GoPro)

• Have a look at my previous answer, please...  "If you have a gimbal mounted it should be removed before attempting AutoTune, or at least secure all moving parts so nothing is hanging loose."

Instead of the camera you may want to put on something less valuable with the same weight during AutoTune and testing...

-Jan

• Interesting idea.  I have A Tuned with an active gimbal and camera with no ill effects.  It will be there when I fly so I am not certain why I wouldn't want it there when I tune?

• Hi, you should have  the "lock pitch and roll values" box ticked in the second screen shot.

Your  pitch and roll PI's should normally be the same. Rate roll and Rate pitch  shouldn't be much higher than about 0.2000.

You can enter your original numbers in the respective boxes and hit "write params".

Then I suggest you read the Ardupilot wiki "roll pitch tuning"... 

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/ac_rollpitchtuning/

That will explain everything better than I can!!

Cheers!

This reply was deleted.

Activity