Replies

• When you say its still moving, you referring to the display on the model telemetry sensors page? If that AltM value (the one you manually created) is not remaining on the max Alt, then this suggests an OpenTX issue, but strangely this works fine on my Taranis Plus running 2.1.7. All I can suggest is you check the configuration of that calculated sensor. Not sre what else you can check.

• Hi guys. Can I trouble you for your wealth of knowledge. I've read most of this thread but I'm stumped. Apologies in advance as I'm a newb to all of this. I've managed to flash my teensy, have Open TX 2.1.7 on my Taranis with copter 217 lua and have managed to get the screen below. I have battery and TX voltage and heading reporting correctly. When I turn on my Taranis I get the flight mode displayed fo a secon or two then lose it.

I've followed Clooneys setup but I'm confused (it doesn't take much). I'm running an APM 2.6 with 3.2.1 fw. Can I ask, do I need to change the SR values in MP? Clooneys only talks of the SR2 values which I don't have. If I don't is there anything else I need to change? Also the layout of the FRSky Taranis telemetry pages that Clooney says need to be set is different from what I have access to, for esample I don't have 3 rows of boxes for cell voltage.

This is pretty basic stuff compared to what most of you guys are discussing but there are limited places to acquire this information.mif you can point me in the right direction I'd be so grateful.

image.jpeg

• Sorry Worzel, I only just spotted your post.

Running this on an APM board is something I've never actually done. Always used Pixhawk myself, but I did some digging, so here goes! The SR_ values you need to adjust relate to the Telemetry port to which you have the Teensy connected.On a Pixhawk there are 4 UART ports, but on APM, just one Telem port is accessible through the plastic enclosure (another is accessible internally apparently with some soldering) so I assume you have your Teensy connected to the Telem port? I also assume that you don't have any other device also connected to that same telem port? 

In any case I believe the Telem port is controlled by the SR0_ parameters, so I think its these values you need to change as per the Clooney82 Wiki. 

If you have a second device connected in parallel on the Telem port, then you will need to be careful of the wiring and the SR0_ settings. All depends what other device shares this port with theTeensy.

Example 1 - say you have both the Teensy and a MinimOSD sharing the telem port, then you would be wise to not have either device's Tx pin connected to the APM. If one of these were connected, then you could end up having that device write its own SR0_ values to the APM, screwing up your data feed for the other device. So only have data travelling from the APM to the two devices, and no connection coming back the way. Then you would have to combine the SR0_ parameters that each connected device requires to be set in order that APM sends suitable data streams for each device.

Example 2 - If you have a 3DR Sik telemetry radio (or XBee radio) sharing the Telem port with the Teensy, then you need to make sure both Tx and Rx pins are connected from the Telemetry radio, but only have the APM Tx pin connected to the Teensy (and not have the Teensy Tx going back to the APM Rx pin) otherwise you will have a serial port conflict.Both devices run at the same baud rate (SERIAL0_BAUD = 57) so this sharing should work OK. You should manually set the Teensy parameters against SR0_

Hope this all makes sense.

• That's a very comprehensive reply Paul, thanks. OK so I have my teensy wired up as example 2 and I've set my SR values as per Clooneys setup thread. I'm getting data transferring with a solid red light. I have my Telemetry settings set up as per Clooneys but as mentioned above my telemetry page is not exactly the same. I'm just not getting data like HDOP or correct flight mode selection. Any idea how I might rectify this? Thanks again for the help.
        • Worzel,

HDOP comes in (along with 3D fix info and number of sats) in a numeric combination on Telemetry sensor T1. It may be that when you did the sensor discovery, T1 and T2 were created with the names Temp1 and Temp2. Check this and rename these as necessary (to T1/T2, as thats what the LUA script expects). I have some Wiki updates to be applied which explain this a little clearer - I'll ask Clooney if he is OK for me to make those changes.

Flight mode selection comes in on the Fuel sensor (by default sensor 8). If you look at the telemetry sensors model page and see if thevalue against 'Fuel' changes when you change flight mode. 

• Thanks Paul. Still no joy. Can you provide the link to the right Hex file to upload to my teensy? I'm not sure I've flashed the correct one. Sorry to be a pain.
            • Worzel, If you have obtained a hex file, then its definitely not the right one, as the Clooney82 project does not provide a hex file directly. It relies on you compiling your own by following the Wiki, downloading the relevant Arduino tools etc. As a favour though, I will attach a compiled hex file here. This is the one I use very successfully. BR, Paul

MavLink_FrSkySPort.cpp.hex

• Hi Paul. So I've got telemetry now on my Taranis! - Very pleased. Many thanks for the file. My only issues are that my altitude is showing as -2 metres when armed which is not a mirror of what I'm seeing in MP and not correct and my HDOP appears to be displaying values back to front i.e. the higher the no of satellites I acquire the higher my HDOP value. Is there anything you think I can tweak? I did change the Temp values to T1 & T2 as you mentioned above. Many thanks.
              • Paul you're a star. I was under the impression these projects were interchangeable, obviously not. Really appreciate your help. I'll flash your file later and let you know the results. Many thanks again.
  • Rolf,

Thank you for developing this system!

I would like to use a Teensy 3.2 board for this project.  I have read the first 30 pages and have seen reference to cutting a trace on the Rev 3.2 board.  I also see reference in the source code, but I have not found a good reference on exactly what surgery to perform.  Can you provide a picture of where/how the trace should be cut?

I'm looking forward to implementing this on my Taranis.  I have the code compiled;  I just need the board.

Am I going overboard by using the Rev 3.2 board?

Thanks

Garry

This reply was deleted.

Activity