Replies

• DougB said:

I'm having a problem with Airspeed (ASpd)

I have Mission planner set to Metric, if I blow a constant speed of air into the pitot tube missionplanner shows around 17m/s. Taranis is showing only around 7m/s in the lua script and if I look at the raw data on the telemetry setup screen it also shows around 7m/s.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Doug, I only added airspeed recently to the code so its fairly experimental. (assuming you're referring to the Clooney82 branch of the code?) My plane is out of action just now (broken LRS system) so no telemetry until I manage to fix it. I'll take a look then and let you know the outcome. Cheers, Paul

• I'm having a problem with Airspeed (ASpd)

I have Mission planner set to Metric, if I blow a constant speed of air into the pitot tube missionplanner shows around 17m/s. Taranis is showing only around 7m/s in the lua script and if I look at the raw data on the telemetry setup screen it also shows around 7m/s.

What am I missing?

Thanks

• Thanks for the clarification. Those Artemen boards are fantastic. ULRS is really moving along now. Next up will be the all in one JR board with Bluetooth. I funded this first batch to move things along. I cannot understand why HK does not start making them. 

Paul Atherton said:

Paul Atherton said:

Marc Dornan said:

No worries. Did not realize you had the Wolfbox units. I will see if I can open a request with OpenTx devs tonight. It seems to me to be an easy change.

Cheers Marc. I agree, an easy change. Was trying to get my head around the FrSky telem libraries mentioned in your earlier post. They look interesting, but not exactly sure how the polling thing would be implemented in the setup we are using. Looks like its required from the decoder end (would usually be done by the Tx unit), as it mentions s.port being a 'pull' protocol. I maybe need to look again when I have more free time. Good find though! Its incredible how resourceful the RC community is. Its great to be a part of it.

Thanks again, Paul

p.s. those Artemen boards look awesome!

Marc, forgot to mention - the Teensy code actually is using those libraries you referred to earlier and it does use the sensor polling call mentioned in the article - so it already does the polling (from the encoder side). Cheers

• Not without doing a conversion in the lua script
  • I've look around and can't find the answer to whether there is a way to change the Units displayed on the Taranis for altitude and speed from metric to imperial?

Thanks

• Hello ! I would like

• Paul Atherton said:

Marc Dornan said:

No worries. Did not realize you had the Wolfbox units. I will see if I can open a request with OpenTx devs tonight. It seems to me to be an easy change.

Cheers Marc. I agree, an easy change. Was trying to get my head around the FrSky telem libraries mentioned in your earlier post. They look interesting, but not exactly sure how the polling thing would be implemented in the setup we are using. Looks like its required from the decoder end (would usually be done by the Tx unit), as it mentions s.port being a 'pull' protocol. I maybe need to look again when I have more free time. Good find though! Its incredible how resourceful the RC community is. Its great to be a part of it.

Thanks again, Paul

Marc, forgot to mention - the Teensy code actually is using those libraries you referred to earlier and it does use the sensor polling call mentioned in the article - so it already does the polling (from the encoder side). Cheers

• Marc Dornan said:

Thanks again, Paul

• No worries. Did not realize you had the Wolfbox units. I will see if I can open a request with OpenTx devs tonight. It seems to me to be an easy change.

• Marc, I don't think it's solely sensor polling to get that solution working. I think there would have to be some changes in opentx also as presently it only listens to telemetry input on the external bay input if D16 is selected and a bind is in place. I think to have it accepting data on the s.port pin with Ppm input selected, we would need changes in Opentx.

Very kind of you to offer the OrangeRX units. To be fair, I'm doing OK with the Wolf box units just now, and don't see me using ULRS outside of my fx-61 wing, although that might change so will definitely bear your offer in mind. Cheers, Paul
This reply was deleted.

Activity