Replies

• Hi Paul (Clooney82)

Your old Version is still working perfect for me.

Unfortunately I can't compile the newest version. I get the following errormessage:

FrSkySPortTelemetry.ino:60:64: fatal error: FrSkySportSensorStatus.h: No such file or directory

Any ideas why?

Thank you!

• Fnoop, I'm starting to see some memory issues running these scripts. Strangely on one model it will fail for me but others all work (I have about 5 using this). I just changed the code a bit to reduce memory utilisation a bit and it has helped a little, but still on my one model I have the same memory issues. I find that by removing celinf.lua from the custom scripts page (so only having offset.lua on there), this frees up enough memory to allow the main script to run. What's annoying in OpenTx 2.1.9 is that it wrongly displays SYNTAX ERROR even for a memory issue which doesn't help! 

Wondering if you have any time free would you mind checking the code of main.lua to see if you can make any suggestions as to reduce memory utilisation? File here: https://github.com/Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort/blob/s-c-l-v-rc-ope...

Cheers, Paul

Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort
    This MavLink_FrSkySPort repository is discontinued! The development is moved to athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort. Please do not use this repo, and follow…
  • I have ScottFlys version. I was hoping this had a "Standard" hex. But there is not such a think I see. I do have another one I can use.

I am running an old OpenTX version and am looking to upgrade to the latest, but the Luas have changed as I understand.

Thanks for the offer.

• Ian, if you are referring to the Clooney82 project, then we do not provide compiled hex files, as there are too many different configuration options provided in the code to create hex files for each combination. As per the wiki instructions, you need to setup the Arduino IDE, libraries and Teensyduino to compile and upload sketches. If there is a specific configuration you would like providing as a hex, then please let me know and I will compile one for you. Cheers, Paul

p.s. if you are referring to the Scottflys version, I don't have anything to do with that project, sorry.

Ian Soler said:

Where are the compiled hex files for this project, I can only seem to find the pre-compiled files...  Thanks in advance.

• Where are the compiled hex files for this project, I can only seem to find the pre-compiled files...  Thanks in advance.

• Fnoop said:

There's a fully opensource project here:

https://github.com/scottflys/mavsky

It's not as feature-rich or mature as this project, and it doesn't support teensy LC, but might be a worth a further look.

But just for a small group of hobbyists this project is still a life saver - I never take off without the basics working on a lua screen.  Really glad you're continuing to work on it and keep it up to date with opentx.  Great work.

Fnoop, I have checked out that scottflys project, but to be honest I found the code too confusing - I like the fact that the code in the clooney project is neatly laid out so a lot easier to follow. A lot of the guys over on the ULRS forum are trying to get that scottflys solution working in polling mode (for direct taranis connection) - their reason: "a pro-mini is 14 times cheaper than a Teensy LC".  I have been trying to lend a hand, but a few are looking at the teensy solution now also which is great as its the whole point of me putting in the effort on that project. As I mentioned, I am not a developer by trade (although do work in IT and do code scripts for windows from time to time), so my coding takes a long time to achieve compared to a seasoned pro - it helps to have a good memory with coding too (and a lack of distractions) which are both challenges for me :-) I always get there in the end though! 

scottflys/mavsky
    Mavlink to FrSky Telemetry Converter. Contribute to scottflys/mavsky development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • I've mostly moved to a smaller quad using pixracer which has a dedicated frsky telemetry port (doesn't need teensy).  The lua screens only work for basic voltage, it would be awesome to have your lua screens working with the frsky telemetry builtin to the ardupilot code as well as the teensy addon.

I somewhat lost interest in this when it was moved to the new frsky library as it is essentially a proprietary code that excludes any kind of commercial use (or did at the time).  I have no particular interest in using this for commercial use but it had the effect of turning this project into a purely amateur hobby project, which I don't think is in the interest of anyone in the long term - pretty much all successful opensource projects have some sort of commercial support.  There's also the problem with the original licensing of the project - ie it wasn't licensed, and it was retrospectively licensed under GPL without permission of the original author.  

There's a fully opensource project here:

https://github.com/scottflys/mavsky

It's not as feature-rich or mature as this project, and it doesn't support teensy LC, but might be a worth a further look.

But just for a small group of hobbyists this project is still a life saver - I never take off without the basics working on a lua screen.  Really glad you're continuing to work on it and keep it up to date with opentx.  Great work.

Paul Atherton said:

Hey Fnoop - yes I recently updated to the latest Pawlesky FrSky lbraries, but soon realised how much customisation Jochen had added into the original version, so have had to hack these new libraries to keep things working. We now have sensor polling in the new libraries which was why I wanted to use these. This works nicely with Ultimate LRS. I'm still learning though with both the c coding and also the lua - I have a lot still to learn!

I have plans to move from the offset.lua mixer script to have a settings page accessible from the main telemetry script directly - this way I can create a custom options screen layout with drop-down type fields showing text choices instead of being tied to using just number selection. Plan to store the settings on the SD card also. So I do have a lot still to figure out :-)

Think I like keeping the clooney repo there for the master versions and my own for dev - more people know that repo anyway.

I take it you don't use the script any more?

Fnoop said:

Paul, great ongoing work.  Are you still using the restricted non-commercial frsky library?  I would just carry on in your own repo, you're the de facto maintainer now :)

scottflys/mavsky
    Mavlink to FrSky Telemetry Converter. Contribute to scottflys/mavsky development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • Fantastic work Paul, looking forward to testing this in the christmas holidays.

• Guys, I have just committed a bunch of code changes (to both the teensy code and also the LUA scripts). The teensy changes are just for efficiency, but the LUA changes now allow this to be used with OpenTx 2.2-rc8. There are some lua changes which have been made to deal with number alignment changes which have been introduced in OpenTx 2.2. What's also new is renamed LUA script files - unfortunately OpenTx 2.2. only allows 6 char LUA file names, so I have renamed these as follows:

main.lua - this replaces telempc.lua, as the main telemetry script

servce.lua - this is an optional mixer script renamed to 6 chars

celinf.lua - this is the renamed cellinfo.lua mixer script used for LiPo monitoring/voices etc

The wiki has been updated to reflect these changes. Feel free to test out.

As per usual the repo is here: https://github.com/Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort

Also in the pipeline:

I am planning on replacing the offset.lua mixer script with a brand new telemetry page providing combo boxes for selecting the values. What's more, this will store its settings on the SD card instead of against the model in eeprom. It provides a far more intuitive way of setting up the main telemetry screen, units etc, and will be accessible by long-pressing the MENU key from the main telemetry page - it looks like this:

3702334721?profile=original

Might take me a few weeks to finish the integration, but thought I would share what is coming. Cheers, Paul

Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort
    This MavLink_FrSkySPort repository is discontinued! The development is moved to athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort. Please do not use this repo, and follow…
  • Hey Fnoop - yes I recently updated to the latest Pawlesky FrSky lbraries, but soon realised how much customisation Jochen had added into the original version, so have had to hack these new libraries to keep things working. We now have sensor polling in the new libraries which was why I wanted to use these. This works nicely with Ultimate LRS. I'm still learning though with both the c coding and also the lua - I have a lot still to learn!

I have plans to move from the offset.lua mixer script to have a settings page accessible from the main telemetry script directly - this way I can create a custom options screen layout with drop-down type fields showing text choices instead of being tied to using just number selection. Plan to store the settings on the SD card also. So I do have a lot still to figure out :-)

Think I like keeping the clooney repo there for the master versions and my own for dev - more people know that repo anyway.

I take it you don't use the script any more?

Fnoop said:

Paul, great ongoing work.  Are you still using the restricted non-commercial frsky library?  I would just carry on in your own repo, you're the de facto maintainer now :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity