Replies

• Oh ok, Yes i cant wait for Arducopter 3.3 :)

In the meantime i will have to use another arduino and sonar. 

Thanks

• This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.
    Arduino: 1.0.6 + Td: 1.20 (Windows 7), Board: "Teensy 3.1"
    MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:47:25: fatal error: GCS_MAVLink.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
     Hi guys, I get this message, when trying to compile, ANy ideas what could be wrong.

• That all makes sense, but I'm using a default 1.3 install on the teensy and getting perfect data from the FLVSS, and only current from the APM feed (no voltage).

I'll need to go check my setup. I might be doing something wrong, but can't think what.

Do I need to set my voltage sensor on Taranis to FAS? It might be that.

• Why would you want voltage from PM? You mean the 5V or 3.3V goin into the FC?

I'm using teensy and FLVSS without any problems. If I remember correctly I commented out the FLVSS related lines in the teensy code just to be sure. Could not be happier with the setup :)

• hi,

maybe some words to clear confusion with sensor SMART PORT ID's.

each SMART PORT Sensor acts with his own unique physical ID.

found this in frsky FLVSS sensor pdf

ID Set up
    Each type of FrSky Smart Port enabled sensor has its unique physical ID. The default
    physical ID for this sensor is 02. The ID number could be changed by FrSky Servo
    Channel Changer.

the teensy emulate at least seven SMART PORT Sensors.

Defined SMARTPORT SENSORS for this Project.

#define SENSOR_ID_VARIO 0x00 // 0
    #define SENSOR_ID_FLVSS 0xA1 // 1
    #define SENSOR_ID_FAS 0x22 // 2
    #define SENSOR_ID_GPS 0x83 // 3
    #define SENSOR_ID_RPM 0xE4 // 4
    #define SENSOR_ID_SP2UH 0x45 // 5
    #define SENSOR_ID_SP2UR 0xC6 // 6

This mean it is not possible to use the Teensy together with for example an separate FLVSS Sensor, because in this case both sensors try to share one unique address.

Next is that most ports of this "MavLink to FrSky X8R S.Port converter" use FAS and FLVSS. FAS is used to transmit Voltage and Current. Both of this values are reported via mavlink from your APM or Pixhawk. This are the values from Voltage and Currentsensor inputs from Flight controller. Most people use the default 3dr power module or an Atto Pilot current sensor and so on.

FLVSS on teensy is mostly used to transmit cellvoltage. in most ports available here, this is simply the PM reported Voltage divided by cell count. my port https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort also add real cell voltage to the Teensy like an FLVSS sensor because it use Teensy A0-A5 to read real cellvoltage connected via an resitor networt to battery balancer plug.

this mean, if you use the SMART PORT with other FrSky Smart Port sensors or directly connected to Flight Controller (PIXHAWK for example can do this) and at least with one of this "MavLink to FrSky X8R S.Port converter" powerd via teensy or other boards, it is important that you not share unique SMART PORT ID's on different sources connected to the same SMART PORT.

You can use the Teensy together with an for example FLVSS Sensor, bus in this case you must undefine FLVSS in teensy code. and you have to know that FAS will also send via teensy. and in this case you read APM PM values for FAS Voltage and Current. FLVSS only transmit cell voltage.

/g

wolke

wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort
    This MavLink_FrSkySPort repository is discontinued! The development is moved to Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort where we work together on this. Please d…
    • Hello Wolke, I use your S-C-L-V-RC (with lines 87 and 88 commented ;-)).

I't a very good job, all is working as it should : big thanks !

Just one more thing is missing to get the even : a second telemetry screen showing a ring buffer of  the XX last messages comming from the arducopter via mavlinkto frsky (status messages, warnings...)

Thanks again for your work !

Ed

• Do I need to comment out the battery voltage part of the code if I am using a FRSKY FVLSS voltage sensor? Most things seem to come through to the taranis but the cell voltage seems flakey.

Cheers,

Stuart

• OK I just thought sod it and try it :)

Before diting I unplugged my flvss and was still getting cell voltage as I expected (from teensy), So I commented out the two cases for voltage in frysysport file.

This time no voltage data on my taranis until I plug in the FLVSS.

I am using UBraiin and using the input to monitor current, hence no sensible voltage data for the teensy to forward from the UBrain. I like the idea of using proper cell voltage to alarm on anyway.

Cheers,

Also interstingly I have set an alarm on CNSP and already have a buzzer on the ubrain for 6000mAh and both went off within seconds of each other even though CNSP is calculated locally  in the taranis....nice

Stu

• hello,  how is it possible to use the FVLSS of FrSky ? can we connect in series as provided original ? is it just connect ? we need to change the code? what firmware utilser ?  thank you in advance
        • the FVLSS has two connectios points for sport, one goes to the recever as normal (if it was as frsky intended) and the other goes to the teensy.

I havent flown sinse editing the code to stop the teensy transmitting volts yet. But on the bench it seems ok. the few flights before the code mod ended up with flakey voltage, sometimes it was 0V (perhaps what my ubrain reported) some times it showed voltag initially and then stoppes sending. I will updat when a have flown a couple of batteries.

This reply was deleted.

Activity