Replies

• If you see one of my previous replies where I list the current (as of 1.3 version) parameters and some previous posts on this thread A2 only has relevant data IF you connect some analog voltage to the Teensy A0 port (A2->Analog voltage from input A0 on Teensy 3.1). If you don't, just disregard the values of A2 on the Taranis.

I'm not sure about Cnsp but I believe its calculated by the Taranis based on the Curr (instant current) transmitted by the telemetry.

The same as Distance which is calculated by the Taranis and is the distance between the initial GPS position and current GPS position. 

• Just wondering if I can use a Arduino Nano instead?  And will the code work with my FrSky D8R-II Plus? These questions came up after I changed the Turnigy 9XR to Er9X software today, so I had to start Googleling for solutions :)

• I am having the same problem I see the pin numbers but have not been able to find a doc that maps out the telemetry port on the APM.  Which is pin 1 the outside pin (closest to the edge of the APM or the inside pin?

Thanks

• Hello everyone,

thank you very much for this work.
    I buy a teensy 3.1 module and I own a radio pixhawk + 3DR Radio (TELEM 1) with a receiver and a X8R taranis.
    if I understand correctly, you must:
    _Flasher The teensy 3.1 with MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip
    _Cabler In this way on the Port TELEM2
    Teensy Pin 9 ---> Pin 2 Pixhawk
    Teensy Pin 10 ---> Pixhawk Pin 3
    Teensy G ---> Pixhawk Pin 6
    Teensy PIN 1 ---> S.Port Signal
    Teensy Vusb ---> S.Port V +
    Teensy GND ---> Gnd S.Port
    _to end must be configured paramettres telemetry on taranis.

Questions:
    I think the new firmware of taranis is not compatible? There he has a solution for this problem?
    it seems to me as seeing the S.Port is supplied with 3.3Volt not otherwise must supply the teensy?

thank you again for this project

• Hi

It's irrelevant the firmware on the Taranis, because the received telemetry "comes" in FrSky SPort format.

The newer Taranis firmware 2.0x adds the possibility of "building" custom telemetry screens via scripting which gives a great possibility for building even better solutions around the Taranis and APM/Teensy.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2180477&page=3

telem1.png

Don't worry about the powering of the Teensy with your components. It "just" works.

I have the 3DR Radio on telemetry port 1 and the Teensy on telemetry port 2 on my PixHawk running APM 3.1.5 and no problems.

• As of now and with the 1.3 version linked at the first post the parameters available on the FrSky telemetry are these:

teensy 2 frsky
        Cell           ( Voltage of Cell=Cells/Nr of Cells - Automatically calculated - Assumes Battery at least 80% charge. [V] ) 
        Cells         ( Voltage from LiPo [V] )
        A2            ( Analog voltage from input A0 on Teensy 3.1 )
        Alt            ( Altitude from baro.  [m] )
        GAlt          ( Altitude from GPS   [m])
        HDG        ( Compass heading  [deg])
        Rpm        ( Throttle when ARMED [%] )
        AccX        ( AccX m/s ? )
        AccY        ( AccY m/s ? )
        AccZ        ( AccZ m/s ? )
        VSpd       ( Vertical speed [m/s] )-Vario
        Speed      ( Ground speed from GPS,  [km/h] )
        T1            ( GPS status = ap_sat_visible*10) + ap_fixtype )
        T2           ( ARMED=1, DISARMED=0 )
        Vfas          ( same as Cells )
        Longitud     ( Longitud )
        Latitud ( Latitud )
        Dist          ( Will be calculated by FrSky Taranis as the distance from first received lat/long = Home Position
        Fuel ( Flight Mode )
        Curr

( current )

There are more FrSky telemetry values but are not being dealt with 1.3 version

Batt Transmitter Voltage
        Cnsp mAh
        Power watts 
        Tmr1 Model timer 1
        Tmr2 Model Timer 2
        SWR measure of transmitter antenna quality. Reading below 51 is normal.
        RSSI Received Signal Strength Indication

• excelent !

• unsurprisingly everything works flawlessly;)
            thank you all for this project

• thank you
        it remains only to test me all once the teensy received;)

I can so my updater taranis in 2.0 no problem ^ ^

• here is the equipment has arrived!
          I read the code a bit, and I myself noticed that the voltage per cell is indicated for a 4S battery. can we change parameter is simply?
          I never compiled the arduino, I am interested in any information!
          thank you

This reply was deleted.

Activity