Replies

• What did you change to get it working? I have done the same as you described above (APR 29 10.06) and have got the same error as you reported.

• Hi Rolf!  are you still working on the project or 1.3 is the final version? 

• Thanks Rolf, this is really awe inspiring work, esp. how well it actually functions!

Just a little tip to any who may follow: Double check that the Rx and Tx pins are connected properly - it took me a a little while to debug why the Teensy wasn't getting a MAVLINK connection (and flashing the LED at a rapid rate to indicate the same)

Happy flying!

Tom

• Question...

Will this only work with the Taranis?

Will it work with Turnigy 9X modified to run OpenTx or Er9x? with the X8R Rx

I have the Teensy3.1, just about to put the firmware on it... just curious?

• Alright the update... 

In order to get it to work with my T9x(ER9x) with SmartieParts_v4 + TelemtrEZ + XJT + X8R, you have to make sure you have the latest firmware for ER9x, TeZ and you have to make sure you connect the Tx (Marked in Blue) from the back of the XJT module to the Signal Pin of the SPort(Marked in Red). AND run in D16 Mode with PXX setting in ER9x.

See attached picture.

3702486983?profile=original

• With a standard telemetry modded 9X or 9XR i.e. those without PXX capability. I think taking a direct feed from the RS232 port on the XJT via a RS232 to TTL level convertor to the TX and RX ports on the main transmitter board should get the same result. Unfortunately, I have no way of checking this at present.

Edit: But I do have an FLD-02 somewhere - proof of concept - a project for the weekend.

• I am not extirely sure... here is the post on OpenRCForums that describes...by MikeB

http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=5349&p=7...

If you have XJT which is what you need from my understanding for SPort then you will have the PXX option in the 9x or 9xr.

But you could be right.  ;-)

• OK - output the data from the SBus data line at 57600 and input that to the RS232 port on the XJT. i still need to get the data to the processor in the 9X or 9XR - i will need to work on that.

• i am not sure if you can do that on the SBUS... but what do i know.  ;-)

all the best!

I need to work on the data now as its not all there as in the Taranis as that is based off of OpenTx and I am running ER9x.

Cheers

• Question to the compiling of the Hex... 

Should this screen read 100% instead of 7%?

3702486921?profile=original

Or does that reflect the space left on the device?

Sorry, i am not a Arduino IDE Guru.  Thanks.

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702486921?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…