Replies

• oops, I see vien line 209 "MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino" file there is an automatic selection of the number of cells as a function of voltage.

remains to test it all;)

• hey guys you really do not need to cut the trace on the boards, i have built over 30 now, not a single one has had a cut trace

• I would third that comment, 

I bought my board from pjrc.com and wired it like instructed in the thread and all works great.

No trace cutting.

• alright, i just re-read all the posts.. some great stuff people have added to which i will add to mine now.. Thanks to all for work contributions and Rolf for birthing this.

Just one comment on the trace cut etc... 

I think its confusing to some that they need to do this... To be clear from my understanding. You only need to cut this trace if you plan on using the USB port on the Teensy along while having the board powered by the Rx SPort Jack.

Perhaps if you are testing, etc.. but when load and compile the Teensy, you should never need to have it powered in 2 places at once.

Hope this helps...

• it is strange that you guys have all these issues with cutting the trace etc, I have not cut the trace on my teensy, it is wired to be powered from the RX with ground and signal wires to the APM.

it works fine when i power by the the APM via usb or battery or even power the teensy via USB

• Same here Jared.

My Teensy came from you :)

Anyone reviewing, adding stuff to the Teensy code, because of the newer features of the OpenTX 2.x custom telemetry screens capability??

• Please, any ideas on my post above with the strange telemetry behavior.  Could it be a voltage issue?

• T3

How do you have the Teensy wired to the APM? You need Tx, Rx, and GND. If you don't have Tx connected, then the APM doesn't know there is something listening as it's waiting for the heartbeat and won't send telemetry until then. I had what seems like a similar issue three pages back.

Once it gets the heartbeat, it'll send information to the Taranis but not until then.

• I do have TX, RX and GND connected from APM to Teensy.  I am going to try to use just the TX and GND pin or the RX and GND pin.  Maybe Thats why I only get things working when I am connected to mission planner.  

Any way, I read your posts and I will give things a try.

• T3

Make sure to get the Tx->Rx and Rx->Tx correct as people seem to overlook that all the time. My guess is you have it right since you do get telemetry on your Taranis once it connects but the APM isn't sending anything until it gets that heartbeat.

This reply was deleted.

Activity