AMP2.6 VS KK2

I want to start of by saying I have been meaning to join for a while now and add to some of the discussions but just been so bogged down with work. Sadly a frustrating situation has pushed me forward to the group unlike the casual relaxed join I had planned on.

I come to all of you for some advice. I recently picked up a KK2 board for my quad build. When it arrived I connected it up and had a browse through the menu. Everything looked good. My new set of esc's came in, and I got everything on the airframe. The 1000kv motors are in place, OSD and FPV transmitter, 6 ch reviver. 

My ESC specs are:

1.1 Output: Continuous 30A, Burst 40A up to 10 Secs.

1.2 Input Voltage: 2-3 cells lithium battery or 5-8 cells NiCd/NIMh battery.

1.3 BEC: 2A / 5V (Linear mode).

1.4 Max Speed: 210,000rpm for 2 Poles BLM, 70,000rpm for 6 poles BLM, 35,000rpm for 12 poles BLM.

(BLM: BrushLess Motor)

1.5 Size: 45mm (L) * 24mm (W) * 11mm (H).

1.6 Weight: 25g.

When I connected the KK2 and all the ESC's and the receiver up, the kk2 board LCD went blank, and no LED light appeared. After about 10 sec that dreaded burning PCB smell came from the quad and I disconnected power. I have done a fair amount of reading and appears others have had this issue. But no real reason as to why. 

I do have the APM 2.6 but am nervous about connecting it up. I do not want something blowing it up. I would really appreciate some step by step to make sure I am not missing anything. I would love to connect up the APM to the new frame and get her in the air, but not if something is making fight controllers to go full burn.

I keep seeing references to the ESC causing a voltage overload on the KK2. Going from 5v off M1 to up 11v overload once you get to the 4th motor, BUT, not having to worry about this with the AMP?

I officially hold up a white flag as to so many reference good and bad about all of this same issue, I ask for any help from a first time flyer of AMP.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes I did. I have done even more reading and got a fair grip on what is going wrong. I also have a decent understanding of what to proceed with On the amp. The only seriously frustrating situation right now is getting the amp to connect to mission planner via usb. Kessler coming back to error connection even though quad rate and port is correct
  • Every one of your ESC's has a BEC, did you disconnect all but one of the BEC wires? Read the KK2.0 manual for the details on this, you did read the instructions first.....right?

I think you mean ardupilot.com ;-)

• go to autopilot.com website and read some instructions there before you start.

This reply was deleted.

Activity