Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Okay, Just to be clear.... Quad is powered up, telemetry link on the tablet is good....Now what would the procedure be to get the quad in the air and to the first waypoint?  I tried arming my quad and putting in guided mode, and then selected a waypoint, but nothing happens. That's why I asked earlier if it had to be in the air before starting, but you said that wasn't necessary.

And BTW, This app is getting so good that I really think it will become a staple for the Diydrones community. Almost everyone has a smartphone these days, with most running Android.....and it's a hell of allot easier then taking your eyes off the quad and focusing on a laptop. I'm going to rig up some kind of strap for mine so I don't have to put it down when using a transmitter.

• Kevin,

This last update is outstanding, it is working flawless on all 4 of my android devices, I have used with 3DR telemetry and RCTimer and both have had zero problems so far. I had a flight this AM with my Octo and Hexa and had perfect connectivity throughout both flights. I have not tried to change modes in flight yet, going to try that later today with my quad first before attempting with my bigger Octo and Hexa. Great progress, you have really done a tremendous amount of work and development in a very short time. You are making a huge contribution to the community HUGE!!! :)

• Also works without powered cable... low enough current draw a guess.

• Everyone laugh at the dunce... aka.. me lol. The cover on my tablet was stopping thr adapter going in all the way and making a proper connection. I removed the cover and it It connected fine. Have put apm away in garage so wil try with plane tomoro. Although it did say rdcieving mavlink data when I opened the program so more than likely fine..have ordered a new lead type host cable to stop the problem. Thanks for the help tho guys.

• I made a powered usb cable but kept the common ground. Nothing.. plugged it in and it contined to ask for me to attach apm or telemetry... I also plugged strait into the usb port on the usb and nothing. Am i missing something fundimental? Does it connect automatically or have I misseda step. See pic for wireless setup.

20130201_174335.jpg

• Would the low power usb thing have an effect. The led on the radio lights up.

• I am having trouble getting the data radios to connect. Im using the 915mhz radios from rctimer which are similar to 3dr radios. The radios power but I cant get them to conect or show on the program

• Very nice work...

Could not wait for cable so i customized one like this.

Would be nice with more telemetry data an HUD.

• Thank you for the amazing quality, volume, and speed of work on this. Now can you make it stop raining so I can try it out in the field?
  • Developer

(See screen shot at top of thread for cool new waypoint editing hotness...)

WARNING: This is alpha test software.  If you are using it with your vehicle I recommend the following:

• Don't edit parameters in flight (until we have lots of confirmation this works - it works fine for me, but you know how things go...)
    • Keep your RC controller close at hand and be ready to use it to force the vehicle into Stablize or some other 'safeish mode'.  Watch the vehicle carefully when it hits waypoints
    • If you think anything is not working safely, unplug the radio from the tablet

Update: 1/31/13 New alpha released - You can download a binary from github.  Or wait a few hours and it will be up on the play store.  

# 0.1.21

* Add waypoint editing (drag, add, delete, etc...)
    * Add waypoint goto

For next release:
    * FIXME: fix udp receiver
    * FIXME: add waypoint set altitude
    * FIXME: add waypoint change type
    * FIXME: show # of sats in view & warn if below min # (per http://www.diydrones.com/forum/topics/apm2-5-gone)
    * FIXME: If you drag a waypoint while the parameter list is being downloaded, bad things happen (need separate retry timers)
    * FIXME: Use a state machine to ensure we don't get confused if someone moves a waypoint while we are busy uploading new waypoints

geeksville/arduleader
    An android ground controller (and other things) for Mavlink/Arduplane - geeksville/arduleader
This reply was deleted.

Activity