Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3
    I've been keeping up with this for a while but haven't actually had a chance to do anything since I don't have my APM set up yet. I did have the app on my S3 but just switched over to a Nexus 4 and found that the app doesn't seem to be available on the play store. I assume it means it is currently not compatible with 4.2?
  • Developer

# 0.1.26

* Show a line to indicate where the plane is heading (if we know)
    * Implicitly set AUTO mode if someone does GOTO on a waypoint

• Developer

Update: 2/2/13 New alpha released - You can download a binary from github.  Or wait a few hours and it will be up on the play store.  

# 0.1.25

* keep CPU awake if we are connected to the serial port (needed to keep logging etc...) - you should unplug the device when not in use
    * all mavlink packets are now stored to the log file (not just packets we were expecting)
    * draw plane in yellow if voltage falls too low
    * draw plane in yellow if rssi falls too low
    * show # of sats in view & warn if below min # (per http://www.diydrones.com/forum/topics/apm2-5-gone)

geeksville/arduleader
    An android ground controller (and other things) for Mavlink/Arduplane - geeksville/arduleader
  • Maybe a small issue:

I launch the application, waiting for a fix.

When fix is ok, map is not refresh. I quit application, launch again and map appears.

Tomorrow, i will do my first flight with my hexa. Not sure to test GPS and Andropilot.

• Just got my OTG cable for my phone.  Hoping to try this out.  Are there instructions somewhere? I've been trying to follow this thread, but probably missed some stuff.

I need my tablet to UDP to the phone which will have the radio attached.  I think that's operational now?

• Developer

A quick fix for arducopters - please report success/failure...

# 0.1.24

* Fix mode display/setting for arducopter (if you are using an arducopter, please report success/failure in the forum)
    * Auto close keyboard after editing altitude
    * Turn on optimization in the compiler
    * Store last known vehicle position in android prefs (so even if the app is terminated you still know where the plane was)

• Developer

Warning about arducopter: Someone just filed a bug about the mode menu showing the wrong modes for arducopter.  Sure enough - arducopter uses different mode ids from arduplane (what I use).

• Developer

Hi Kevin, please can you change my android smartphone entry in the market? I mean about compatibility.
    Sorry, i'm wrong in my previous post, the right string is only "GT-I93000" and not "Vodafone Alps GT-I93000", thanks in advance!

Marco

• Developer

A new release!  Adds altitude editing for waypoints and a few misc bug fixes...

Update: 2/1/13 New alpha released - You can download a binary from github.  Or wait a few hours and it will be up on the play store.  

# 0.1.22

* add an altitude editor box for waypoints
    * waypoint command codes are now displayed as strings (land, rtl, etc...)
    * altitudes now displayed as AGL or MSL as appropriate
    * add support for auto continue checkbox
    * Remove an autocrash for another whacky Android clone with quasi-legal maps
    * If you drag a waypoint while the parameter list is being downloaded, bad things no longer happen (needed separate retry timers)

For next release:
    * FIXME: fix udp receiver
    * FIXME: add waypoint change type (via menu dropdown)
    * If someone does goto for a waypoint, implicitly set auto
    * make mavlink retries independent of each other
    * Request help with waypoint icons
    * display & log 3dr rssi information
    * FIXME: make a website
    * FIXME: properly decode/encode waypoint cmd types. Change icons as appropriate...
    * FIXME: show # of sats in view & warn if below min # (per http://www.diydrones.com/forum/topics/apm2-5-gone)
    * FIXME: Use a state machine to ensure we don't get confused if someone moves a waypoint while we are busy uploading new waypoints

geeksville/arduleader
    An android ground controller (and other things) for Mavlink/Arduplane - geeksville/arduleader
  • Developer

If you were using a samsung GT-I900 last night... Sorry: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/issues/16

;-)

auto bug report · Issue #16 · geeksville/arduleader
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.geeksville.andropilot/com.geeksville.andropilot.MainActivity}: java.lang.NullP…
This reply was deleted.

Activity