Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Amazing, congrats!

I hope that some day it will be compatible to O.S 2.3.

• Hi tried follow me today with quad
    Galaxy s3 2.5 arduflyer 3dr gps 915mhz
    Radio
    Works great set attitude at 5ms even though
    Alt reported as 106ms which is above sea level were I am
    Set distance near me and from me as 2m and 4m
    If quad came a little close it turns away and moves away and then returns to course its brill well done
    Amazing piece of work
    Stu
  • Developer

New release!  (Back from vacation)  The next release will hopefully be labeled 1.0, please post any feedback on this release...

# 0.2.00
    * We now decode parameter values to show nice names for most parameters
    * Can now change waypoint type (via menu dropdown)
    * Wrote a developers guide: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/wiki/Developers-Guide
    * Support direct TCP connections (useful for connecting to the SITL simulator)
    * Add understanding for JUMP waypoints - all waypoint types should now be understood
    * Don't show bogus waypoints if x & y are not set
    * Use new waypoint icons contributed by Scott Berfield
    * Don't enable scroll gestures for maps (conficts with page switch gesture)
    * Print better user info for UDP connections
    * Add a TCP uplink option (for development use)
    * Setup SITL testing framework (see https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/commit/deb825b57583a4dd0fb84...)
    * HUD now burns lots less CPU
    * Default autocontinue to true for new waypoints
    * Previously we only kept the screen on if the map was shown, we now do it if any screen is shown
    * Previously if you switched to the waypoints or parameters view too quickly they would never update - fixed

3692624592?profile=original

For next release:
    * FIXME - use an expandable list view for parameters https://gist.github.com/mosabua/1316903
    * NOT YET READY FOR TESTING: 'Lead-it' mode. Like follow-me, but if you rotate the vehicle will stay in front (or behind you), if you tilt tablet fore and back it will move close or away.
    * Save waypints to device only upon user command
    * FIXME: move to 3dr github
    * FIXME: Use a state machine to ensure we don't get confused if someone moves a waypoint while we are busy uploading new waypoints
    * Show docs on parameter names
    * FIXME: announce and display a failsafe condition (FIXME, look at arduplane)
    * FIXME: announce arming and disarming. (FIXME - pull down arduplane code)
    * Change parameter editing over to the new spiffy action bar style of the waypoint editor
    * FIXME - altitude offset should only be set once device has calibrated
    * FIXME - handle editing of some of the more exotic waypoint types

• Hi, just got into this as my cable took an age to arrive. I'm well impressed I have to say! Very nicely done chaps!

I plugged in my xbee, connected straight away! Just about ready to go.

However I have a couple of problems that I'm wondering if someone could help me with, apologies if that has been gone over already.

On my galaxy tab2, the HUD updates very slowly,  and the parameter and waypoint tabs do not update at all. I just get perpetual spinning circle.

Oh I should say this also happens when connected directly via usb.

Cheers

• Hi

Is Andropilot compatible with the old ArduPilot Mega? I see on the developer guide you mention APM2 and APM2.5 but not the ArduPilot Mega 2560.

Thanks

Peter

• Developer

New release coming soon (I was on vacation with limited access to test hw) - probably tonight...

# 0.2.00

* Full waypoint editing
    * FIXME: add waypoint change type (via menu dropdown)
    * Wrote a developers guide: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/wiki/Developers-Guide
    * Support direct TCP connections (useful for connecting to the SITL simulator)
    * Add understanding for JUMP waypoints - all waypoint types should now be understood
    * Don't show bogus waypoints if x & y are not set
    * Use new waypoint icons contributed by Scott Berfield
    * Don't enable scroll gestures for maps (conficts with page switch gesture)
    * Print better user info for UDP connections
    * Add a TCP uplink option (for development use)
    * Setup SITL testing framework (see https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/commit/deb825b57583a4dd0fb84...)
    * HUD now burns lots less CPU

• Hi in version .36 still show alt as 110m is there a reset you csn do to like set home alt ? 

Stu

• How does one clear a waypoint?

There is a waypoint at the centre of the earth :)  (0 S, 0 E) That will not go away.

How functional is the program as it is now?

Can one plan a mission and execute from the app?

Thanks

Can a setting be added to keep the screen on or phone awake or does the app do this already?
  • I feel really stupid asking but the screen display above in portrait mode shows the map in the top two thirds of the screen and the HUD in the lower third. How do I get it to do that. It is fine in landscape mode with split screen. I have a Nexus 7 and I can do everything else.

This reply was deleted.

Activity