Another strange occurrence

I just set up a new plane but am using parameters from the same exact airframe that I was using before and am having a very strange issue.I am starting to get pretty good at reviewing these logs, but, am at a loss for this one.If you look, as soon as the plane goes into "Auto" mode it cuts the throttle to 0% even though it is well below the desired altitude. The other strange part is the plane pitches up to climb, but, cuts throttle to 0. I can't seem to figure out why. Any help would be greatly appreciated!http://ardupilot.com/forum/download/file.php?id=4314

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The strange part is everything is working fine today. Seems like it was some sort of bug or glitch which is slightly concerning.

• If you have an airspeed sensor fitted, was your pitot tube covered when you powered the plane up?  The firmware trys to auto-zero the AS sensor at power-on and wind on the pitot at that time can give you falsely high airspeed readings.

• We always do a preflight calibration before launch to ensure everything is zeroed out, also, if you look at the log the airspeed was showing correct where it should have th motors on.

The only thing that seems to make sense is for some reason when switched to take off in auto it didn't activate the throttle because it didn't see the acceleration force. It's supposed to recognize its flying and ignore that requirement but I think there was a glitch for some reason and it wouldn't turn the throttle on.
This reply was deleted.

Activity