Anyone been able to stabalise a Canon S100 before?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use a Canon S100 on my quadcopter (DJI 450 stock with APM2). (It's the only camera I have that is light enough, also I wanted to have the GPS capabilities inbuilt)

I don't need the fancy servos and tilting, I just need it in a fixed (but adjustable) position and be able to take photos and video.

Photos so far for me are okay, but video is shaky beyond repair. I'm using a very poorly made DIY holder to strap the camera to the frame now.

Any ideas? I was thinking of a light weight ballhead, but I'm not sure how to mount it to the frame without introducing vibrations.

Thanks a lot!
Ervine

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you heard of the Canon CHDK Mod? With the mod you can adjust ISO, shutter speed, and much more. It also has a intervolometer so you can have the camera take a pic every 2 seconds.Here is the link to that web site. http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK. If you adjust the ISO to 100 and shutter speed to 1/1000 of a sec it should prevent the shaky images. It is a simple setup and if you need any help shoot me a message.

This reply was deleted.

Activity