Running 3.2 - Generally I get a really good lock for GPS, 10 to 12 satellites is the norm. But with my 2.4 Boscam 500mw transmitter (same battery) I am getting 8 satellites (says hdop is still <2) but I get a TON of gps glitches and it even goes to 0 satellites for a few seconds at a time during the flight.

I have a 450mm with the FPV transmitter way to the front and the gps way at the back. I had no issues with my 1.2g transmitter that was 800mw which is closer to the GPS Band. 

Anyone want to chime in? I have a 1000mw LawMate 2.4 still un opened, haven't tested but its even more powerful so I am wondering if the effect will be even worse.

Running Pixhawk

Brandon

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I do!!!

i have exactly the same Video TX Boscam 2.4ghz 500mw.

i have a phantom 2 Vision with 5.8 Controller RC   , i changed the camera and i installed a zenmuse and a boscam 2.4 for video feed..

There is defenetely a problem with the interfearence from Video TX to the GPS ,.. i have a friend with spectrum analyzer and today we will see the amount of noise this tx produce.

Yestarday i removed the TX from the phantom and i made some tests , i powered the VTX with a lipo and instantly the GPS sattelites desapear. (3 meters away from the phantom ) is jamming the Wifi networks also!!..

The only Channel that worked for me best is channel 4 2468 MHZ (at least this is written in VTX box)

We will make a filter for it like a high pass filter .. i ll let you know

• Let me know what your noise results are - This vtx seems a little iffy! 

• the frequenses for the channels according to the manufactor , have no relantionship with the reality..! LOL i will post them later

anyway dispate the fact that some channels are tranmsiting way out of 1.573 gps freq ,, i get soem glitces.

so i Decided to change to 1.2ghz

This reply was deleted.

Activity