Anyone using Pixhawk with Futaba RS617FS Rx?

I am trying to install my new Pixhawk and I have a couple of RS617FS receivers.

I decided to modify one of the receivers according to:

https://pixhawk.ethz.ch/tutorials/receiver_sum_signal

At first I tried adding a servo cable and try not to mess with any of the outputs but it didn't seem to be working because I couldn't perform a radio calibration in the mission planner.

So I decided to do the same thing as in the document because it looks cleaner and why not? :)

I removed the resistor and soldered a cable from the same pin as it shows the link above and still can't run a radio calibration in the mission planner.

(I don't have an oscilloscope at this moment to confirm if it's working and sending what it's supposed to send.)

I anyone using a the same or a similar receiver?

Here are some pics to show you what I did... it looks fine to me and didn't have any problems when soldering.

In the last picture, I noticed the IC model from my Rx where I'm soldering the cable is not the same as the one from the link above... I wonder if the cable should go to another pin on this IC?

Any ideas?

Thank you.

DSC02036.JPG

DSC02038.JPG

DSC02034.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Tono

I'm also trying to get a Futaba R617FS to work with the Pixhawk. I have modified the receiver to make the PPM signal on a channel by removing the resistor and adding the wire. I have used an oscilloscope to confirm that I get the PPM signal on the right channel. When I bind my transmitter (Futaba T6EX) with the receiver the green LED indicating that there is a connection, and I can control servos on the other channels that I did not change. When I connect the receiver to my Pixhawk on the RC input and trying to do the radio calibration, nothing happens at all. I have searched around the web without finding a solution. Did you got yours up and running? I'm waiting for receiving my Turnigy 9XR + Fr Sky 4 D4R-II. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Best regards

Søren

• Hey Søren,

I did the same thing to my Futaba receiver, carefuly removed the resistor and added the wire as in the manual.

It never worked. I just don't have an oscilloscope to confirm that it is working fine.

So I bought a couple of these ones:

http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-tfr4sb-fasst-sbus-receiver.html

And they work like a charm... recommended.

Regards,

Tono

Søren

This reply was deleted.

Activity