APM 2.0 BOARD CURRENT OUTPUTS

Hi guys,

Just wondering about some of the technical specifications for the APM 2.0 board. Do we know what the max current output is per each servo, and the whole servo rail? Just wondering so I don't use servos that draw too much current.

Also, I need to know the max current output for the telemetry rail, if I decide to use different radio modules than the standard xbee.

If these are listed somewhere and I missed it, I apologize.

Thanks,

Nick

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• With the APM 1.0, I was just powering the board, along with the servos, though the inputs from the RC receiver, and that worked just fine. But, those servos were also just the little ones that were on my hawk sky. So, should I run a cable line from my rc receiver to the servo output rail on the board as well to ensure that the board is not included in the current path for the telemaster servos?

I know the receiver will power the servos themselves just fine, but I guess the apm board w/ telemetry radio does add a good bit of current draw as well. I think my best bet may just be to add another regulator...

• Thank you so much for your very thorough reply. I really do appreciate the help.

I was just wondering because I have a senior telemaster that I'll be using it in, with 4 or 5 of these servos, and just wanted to make sure that they won't overtax the board.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=spm3702

Will the board power 4 or 5 of those without issue?

Also, I'm looking at the 9xtream modules from Digi (have a couple layin around) for extended telemetry. Those should fall under the 1/4A window, so should be good.

Again, I really appreciate your help.

DS821 Sport Hi-Torque Digital Servo (spm3702): Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology
  • Bump for any helpful comments.

This reply was deleted.

Activity