APM 2.5 won't connect using 3DR radios

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a little help figuring out where my problem is. I'm using a new APM 2.5 with 3DR power module and 915mhz radios. This is packed into a Maja airframe. Using Arduplane 2.71, Mission Planner 1.2.46, and a windows 8 machine.

During the first setup of the board I had a bit of trouble getting the firmware (arduplane 2.71) to upload using mission planner, took maybe 3-4 tries before it uploaded successfully. I proceeded to do the initial setup over usb. Once that was done, I hooked up the 3DR radios and connected successfully. Setup flight modes (manual, stabilize, and RTL) and calibrated my DX8 over 3DR radio. I fooled around with a couple of flight plans, connected/disconnected via radios a few times and put the plane by the door ready for a test flight. Didn't touch ANYTHING from this point on, it sat a few days while I waited for WX. Tuesday was test day, went to the field and couldn't get the radios to connect, tried a few times and decided to do away with the computer and fly the thing. The flight went really well, manual and stabilize worked great, didn't try anything else.

Now I've tried a few more things, the radios indicator lights show me that they do connect with one another (solid green after a few seconds of both having power). I am able to change the settings on the radios but I can't get mavlink to connect. I have a DJI hexacopter with apm 2.5 and another pair of 3dr radios, so I figured I'd swap sets and try cross testing them etc. Long story short, both sets of radios work perfectly on the hex and neither work on the plane... I've tried swapping cables as well, no success. 

I've attached screen shots of the error message I get when I try to connect using the radios, it just times out and then counts back from 30, then error message. Any help or suggestions at all are very much appreciated.

3691016536?profile=original

3691016557?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• me too.solid green.not working.

much more appreciated.

This reply was deleted.

Activity