APM 2.6 and Spektrum DX7

Hi - I would like to be able to use my DX7 properly with APM.

I am using Channel 5 for Flt Mode with the Flt Mode and Rudder switches.  I would like to be able to use Channel 6 to operate my Tarot Gimbal - due to arrive any day and to use Channel 7 under APM: Copter Pids in Mission Planner for things like AutoTune.

Currently no switch on the DX7 will operate channel 7 and the Aux 2 switch operates Channel 6 in MP.  I would like the Aux 2 Switch to operate channel 7 and some other switch to operate Channel 6.  I have an AR7000 receiver and Aux 2 from APM is plugged into Aux 2 channel and Aux 1 is likewise plugged into Aux 1 channel.

I know this is a basic question but I can't seem to dig out the info to help me accomplish this.  Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Fred

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would buy some wires and simply route the the Aux2 channel straight to the gimbal, without going thru the APM. Theres was a bug last i checked in  the APM where pass thru of a channels 7 or 8 didnt actually work. Do a search for "Dupont wires" there are plenty on ebay. They always come in useful for wiring things together such as rx to gimbals etc.

• Ok - let me refine my question now that I've played with it a bit more.  I have confirmed in my radio that the Aux 2 switch is assigned to Aux 2.  The gear switch is assigned to Gear - in the radio.  The Aux 2 line from the apm is plugged into the Aux 2 pin in the AR7000 receiver.  As a result I would expect the Aux 2 switch to activate channel 7 in the APM but it activates Channel 6.  And nothing activates Channel 7.  - Hopefully that helps explain it a bit better.  Is there someplace in Mission Planner that I configure that?

Thanks,

Fred

• As i understand this......you are wanting to assign switches to select channels on your transmitter? Your transmitter manual will describe how to do that, if your transmitter is even capable of that sort of programming. Really has nothin to do with autopilot, it just does what its told. :-). Not familiar with the capabilities of the DX7.
This reply was deleted.

Activity