APM 2.6 Stabilize mode unstable (sometimes)

Hi all.

I have an issue with Stabilize mode.

Usually my hexacopter flys fine in all modes however sometimes when I take off the unit will not fly well.

I know I have an issue as it behaves badly straight away.

For example, the copter took off and came right at me. Only by pushing all the way forward on the control stick, was it almost level again. This lasted for about 1.5 Seconds then it violently flipped forward and crashed.

When I have issues it always starts similar. Bad controls followed by a sudden violent nose down and crash.

Does anyone know why this happens? This seems to happen every 10th flight or so and I'm worried about it happening high up. Stabilize mode should be pritty basic, and I'm concerned that if there is a major issue with the unit in the basic control modes, I really dont want to try anything automatic.

Genuine APM 2.6
Arducopter 3.1.5.

Thanks for ANY help

Shane.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have a look at this if you haven't already: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ac3-1-rc5-spi-speed-problem

I have an APM2.5, had a bad 3.3V regulator. Used to have 4.16V on the 3.3V rail, but all my sensors used to behave well. Well, most of the time. There would be times, when immediately after connecting only, I would get a bad gyro warning. Some people report the artificial horizon going crazy, but mine didnt. I risked making short flights, staying as far as I could from the copter. It would fly almost normal. Until one day, midflight, the board level changed all on its own, I had to give almost full elevator correction to keep it level. Landed it, and tried taking off when it flipped.  At that point I noticed that the mission planner was showing the Bad Gyro message again. Playing back the telemetry log I saw that the error appeared when I had to give the large control inputs.

That's when I got the regulator replaced. Now I've got 3.3V back on the rail and no more errors so far. 

I would suggest you check the regulator, if you haven't already.

I don't know for sure, but, if you've got your telemetry logs, play it back to see if the error appears on the HUD, and check if you're having to give full correction at that time. 

• Attached is the log file.

Thanks.

2014-07-08 21-36-59 36.log

Please add a log file. Sounds like you have some dodgy wiring or speed controller/motor failing.

• Hi Gary.

Thank you for the reply!

I don't THINK so.

I will download the log tomorrow.

Thanks again.

This reply was deleted.

Activity