APM 2.8 and GPS / Compass

Hi,

I've done lots of thread-searching but haven't found a fix; any help would be appreciated.

I am in the process of upgrading from APM 2.5 to APM 2.8. My problem is that I cannot get the GPS / Compass to work. It is (they are) a Ublox Neo module(s).

The MAG jumper next to the GPS connector is removed but even with it place I get 'Bad compass health' in Mission Planner.

I have plugged in two different GPS/Compass modules: one gives 'GPS: No GPS', the other 'GPS No fix'. I am unsure whether plugging them into the flight controller has friend them - the power LED's are unlit.

The compass connector has been pugged into the I²C connector and the connector below the GPS connector.

The connector is inserted like so:

3691284336?profile=original

I am sure I must have missed something obvious but I'll be blowed if I can work out what it is...

Thanks

Hugh

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Your gps pins are backwards. From top down it should be red, yellow/green, space and black.

3702207817?profile=original

• @Tim Dickinson The OP has the APM 2.8, which is a clone and it's different from APM 2.5,2.6 pin layout.

@Hugh I don't see anything wrong with your configuration. I have APM 2.8 as well and i've done the same thing. You plug the five-lead connector on top of the GPS sign on your board and the 4-pin connector (which has only 2 cables) exactly at the bottom of it. From what i see in your picture it should be correct. Now i have uBLox NEO-6M GPS and i followed the instructions here to reprogram the module in order to make it work with APM. This and this may also help.

jlnaudin/x-drone
      Experimental Researches and Developpement of autopilots for aerial plateforms on Arduino boards - jlnaudin/x-drone
      • By the way @nikos, what is your Firmware on your APM 2.8 ? i'm currently at the last firmware which is 3.2.1, it seems that to calibrate the motor we have to do it manually. (All-at-a-time) method. i might need a few guide in building up my quadcopter (F450).

• @nikos , i have the same issue with my China made NEO 6M GPS Module that bought along with my APM 2.8, i might try your steps to get this China made GPS module working.

This reply was deleted.

Activity