APM 2.012 - Modes do not seem to be setting correctly

I'm using APM 2.012 (beta). I have the different modes set up on a rotary knob on the radio, which allows 5 positions (0-4). I use the Command Line to set and save the modes. In operaion, I use the HK GCS 'status' to verify the modes. However, I'm getting the following responses from the GCS when I set the MODE Setting on the radio:Manual=ManualCircle=Auto-LoiterStabilize=StabilizeFBW_A=FBW_AFBW_B=FBW_BAuto=Auto-LoiterRTL=Auto-LoiterLoiter=Auto-LoiterTakeoff=Auto-TakeoffLand=Auto-LandWhat am I missing out on? Is this a APM code issue, Command-Line entering issue, or a GCS issue, or an aircraft setup issue?Thanks,Don

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi,

i got my APM yesterday and having the same problem. i just have a two position switch 0-1 on on 0 i have manual and on 1 i d like to have RTL but it showes always loiter in GCS and in ArdupilotSim. all the latest versions.

Thanks

Michael

• I'm still having issues.  Using the CLI (either through the Mission Planner or the HK GSC), I can set the modes normally.  They save, and repeat as set.  However, in flight, selecting (from the Tx) Circle, Loiter and RTL all report "Auto Loiter", and the aircraft RTLs with each of them.

Any other way I can monitor what the actual APM mode is real-time, while in flight?

• Looks ok to me. In ver 1 when you switch to RTL it is show RTL and then Loiter - works ok, it is actually running Loiter command with home position as center (as I've read from its code). So I guess it is the same with ver 2.

• Developer
    The GCS uses the MAVLink protocol.  There is no 1 to 1 mapping for our flight modes to modes in MAVLink, so you don't get some of the modes displayed as expected....
This reply was deleted.

Activity