Hi all,

I'm attaching my log from our last flight as our little quad went completly bonkers before it crashed.

Short after takeoff it went completly out of control, no response at all from RC or Telemetry and then crashed near a pond (thank god).

But the mistery was about to begin when we started reviewing the log and found out that the trigger was the failsafe error  Err: EKF_CHECK-2 / Err: FAILSAFE_ EKF-1. 

In understand these two were recently added to APM, but this ain't the first time I see this sort of thing happening.

I'm attaching my log in hopes for some guidance.

Thank you all!

2014-12-14 11-10-14.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

      • Can you tell me exactly what it was you turned off? Thanks

    • This reply was deleted.
      • Hi guys,

        I've had a incidents with this EKF_CHECK-2 too, and i see no reply to you, I had a new FPV transmitter,must have caused bit of noise, nothing too much, it seemed at one point in the logs,w hile i was doing a few very slow 360 turn , I got the EKF_CHECK-2 it caused the land, but really slowly,from a height, essentially nearly a flyaway,too dangerous, this is a crazy feature in 3.2. I should have stayed with the older code, there is to many new features for me and like this one its not documented.
        As anyone an idea, why this feature is good, i read the page wiki, but think i need to look at the arduino code, I don;t understand logic how APM2.6 with an one external Mag checks against the inversence DCM.

        Michael maybe there is power lines near by, up to 50 meter, you can get interference from a transformer near by, if i remember rightly. maybe triggering land mode.

  • I also had an "EKF_CHECK-2" error yesterday in my logs. After a few seconds the error had been cleared (error code 0). This happened two times during the flight. The flight itself was normal, no loss of control, no crash, no failsaife. 

    I am wondering, what has triggered this error code. I am flying an APM 2.5 without GPS (Quadcopter, Firmware 3.2).

    All the best, Markus

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Jose Araujo liked Jose Araujo's profile
Aug 29
spencer harvey liked spencer harvey's profile
Jul 9
More…