Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just had a crash in this version. The Multirotor started behaving realy strange. Can somone help me understand what happened. First the GPS behaved strange taking forever to lock. But I don't use it so I did not wait for more then 6stelites then started flying.

Then I was flying around in Acro in average wind gusts. A little unstable but ok for just flying around.

Then suddenly it would not obey me I have flown this multirotor many hours total,with no such problems. And I Got some random controol back, when trying to make it come back to me it responded random. Luckily it ended up in a bush with only some broken props. and not a broken nex5r camera. I don't know what to look for in the logs, because those logs to me are some alien language :) I supply mission planner logs and flash logs.

the flying starts at ~76% off the tlog file don't kow if its the same with the flash log because I dont understand how to read those files. was leting it sitt outside for a while before flyig to let the gps get new locks since it was not even connected to the multi rotor since friday.

//Edit spelling and stuff

Krash 2013-04-30 11-36-29.tlog

krash 2013-04-30 13-00 30.log

• Getting to know this release :-)
    I've been tuning my TBS like quad the past days.

The alt hold and loiter were already working (taken into account that I use an APM1 with Mediatek on this frame).
    The only issue I had was that, when in RTL, the quad started off like a Porsche towards the home.
    I searched a little in this forums and turned my quad into a Beetle, now it is going home more slowly.
    Also tried a guided flight with the Droidplanner om my tablet and must say it was nice to see that it was working quite well.
    This was my test frame, so now moving to the real TBS with the APM2.5 and Ublox.

My initial idea was, if I can get it tuned on an APM1 it must certainly work with an APM2.5 :-)

• Please excuse me if this has been answered before.  Has the idea of having OSD video out from the APM ever been discussed for future releases perhaps?

• I played around this weekend with the latest code on my qav500 (apm2.5), what a treat !

Alt-hold is absolutely great for me esp after tweaking TC abit, but I'm not seeing the drop I used to see when switching out of it in 2.9.1. Great stuff!

Loiter was spot-on ! Even pirrouetting in moderate winds was solid, when it was calm the thing practically hovered motionless wk-m style ;) But I do agree with David that the speed in which you change position is too slow, any way to tune that in params ?

I even tried some Auto missions, it was abit tricky loading the WPs but it worked the third time I tried it. Despite needing alot of tuning still for this mode (its way to aggressive when changing direction after a waypoint is reached but its moving like a snail inbetween WPs) it flew reasonably good follwing the course reaching all WPs very accurately.

Finally, I tried a few RTLs all with great accuracy (esp when its calm), I only noticed that sometimes it wouldn't yaw to face home. I only noticed this when triggering RTL pretty close from home position (10-20m) but it happened twice. I'll check the logs for compass interference but it seems strange that when I triggered RTL further away it faced home correctly.

Thanks everyone for making this possible, this project has come a really long way but I feel its very close to where it wants to be !

I'm still having my issue of the quad dropping in altitude when pitching forward and climbing when pitching back when in ALT_HOLD. (post) I've noticed that banking right also causes a climb and banking left a drop. But with the new version imminent it may not be worth pursuing this?

• Just updated to MP 1.2.47 and i suddenly I got problems wit calibrating my accelerometer. When i hit the button "Calibrate Accel" I don't get the prompt to put machine on left side, right side, nose etc. but in stead I get a line with this text:
    A-off:-0.35, 0.00, 0.00A_scale: 1.00, 1.99, 0.91
    and the button says "Click when done". When I hit the button nothing happens.
    I tried with another board and same thing.

Consider going back to earlier MP version.

Running 2.9.1b hexa firmware. Tried erase and reset as well.

• Quiet around these parts!

Time for some appetite whetting.

Here's a quick video testing the next code with inertial nav working, there are a couple of little niggles for you to look at (all stuff that's being worked on pre-release), but also some very exciting performance. 

If you get bored, or sick of the shoddy camera work, skip to 5:12 for a full throttle blast on a monster, but put it in HD as the gopro and weather are awful

I recently did a full reset and re-setup on APM2.5 and everything is fine except....something a little odd but it only happens in ALT_HOLD - if I try pitch forward the quad drops like a stone and if I pitch backward it climbs like crazy, almost like pitch is mixed in with throttle? If I stop pitching forward then there's a slow recovery to original height, same for pitching back. I reset and did the whole setup from scratch again but it's still there? Weird...

• I did today a new flight test with APM2.5 and Quad Arducopter 2.9.1b.

The results was under my expectations. 2 days ago, the I did have several other flights and all was OK, which means Loiter, RTL and Auto was acceptable,

Today, without any new modification as h/w or s/w (params), I did try again several Loiter and Auto.

It is first time is happens to me the quad to fly away from its location (towards me !) agressivelly at 45 degree pitch when I put from Alt Hold to Loiter. The switch was from a stabil flight and when I comute to Loiter (from Alt Hold), it really pitched 45 degrees and advanced rapidly. I was not scare to react since flying qaud is less difficult comparing to my Align 450, but still under expectation.

Efefctivelly from 10 Loiter or Auto, just 2 were good. This is strange. Those 2 good flighst were somehow in middle, same conditions as wind, temp, time, no hard landing. When I said 2 good flights, I mean really 2 stabile flights. But all the other 8 was like out of control. I don't know why.

Could some unexpected vibrations affect this? But way later all was OK for another 2 flights and then unstable again.

My INAV param is 20. Compass learning is off. I did "dansing" for compas before first flight.

• Hey everyone, sorry for the hi-jack, this is definitely not firmware related but I'd like an informed reply haven't gotten one elsewhere so here goes:

After my apm2.5 gave me a compass error I noticed that it kept arming normally, is it possible to prevent that ? Is there any hardware checking currently in the code ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity