APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

Views: 99878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ikrase,

If you just stick to stabilize mode then any vibration problems won't be an issue for you with 2.9.1b (or 3.0).

I'm not sure about grabbing the hex off the board...it'll probably work.  Yes 2.5.5 can be compiled with normal arduino.

Randy-san

Thank you for detail analysis and suggestion.

Actually, the AccZ was bit large level for the vibration.

I will try your suggested setting and reduce mechanical vibration level on my copter. 

BTW, good luck on your autonomous vehicle competition.

Hey guys,

I'm running rc4 on my tricopter, not flown it before. I'm mostly into quads and hexas, so this is a new airframe for me.

I'm having a tiny problem, the yaw servo is not perfectly centered at startup or when armed. I don't know if this is normal behaviour or whether it will be fine when it flying...

Or perhaps I have to auto-trim it when its in the air to trim the yaw servo?

I'm using 2.9.1.b with APM2.5.4, ublox and just installed a gimbal. When I boot it up I can see the HUD moving around and also the gimbal responding. At first I thought it was some interference on my gimbal servo lines but then connected via MP and noticed that it looks like it's moving around even though it's perfectly still and unarmed. What would cause that? I'm using the RC11 on tilt and RC10 on roll. Copter flies fine but I think this might interfere with the camera stabilization?

Thanks Randy!

It is also impossible to connect apm2.5 to usb to reflash or to make additional tests...

FAQ - https://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_Troubleshooting#The_M...'s_HUD_display_moves_around_even_though

Turned off in 3.0 when teh copter is disarmed to avoid the repeated question...

Is there any reason I can't enable RAW in RC4?  I try to enable it but nothing happens.  Nothing in logs either.  I went back to 2.9.1b and got RAW back, then went back to RC4 and no RAW.    No more RAW logging in v3?

Thanks!

I think RAW is renamed in 3.0...see Randy's video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOQPrTdrQJM

Its called IMU in v3.0.

You need to adjust the trim on the servo using the subtrim on your radio. Then re-calibrate the radio in Mission Planner for the corrected center position.

For my tricopter here is what I did.

1. No APM

2. Yaw servo connected to rudder channel on receiver (channel 4)

3. Nothing else connected to receiver other than a power source and Yaw servo

4. power up radio and reciever

5. Make sure yaw servo moves in the correct direction (reverse on radio if necessary)

6. Using subtrim (or trim) on radio make sure yaw servo is centered.

7. power down

8. Install APM

9. In mission planner, calibrate the radio and if needed set channel 7 to reverse.

10. without propellers, or esc's disconnected verify that the yaw moves in the correct direction when in stabilize and armed. 

If all works you should be ready to fly.

on a side note make sure you have external power for the yaw servo, the APM can not supply enough current to run the servo correctly.

Hope this helps

OK I will just ignore it for now since it's only in disarm that it happens.

@ cibercrash

In my octaquad am using two LEDs placed on the outside of the frame one blue one red, blue indicates to me gps status red engine status. the LEDs are high intencidad are placed in ports A6 and A7 in the mission planner LED placed in the function. led mode  ADV parameter list. placing number 11.

I can see 20 meters and motors gps status.

LED_MODE 11

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service