APM Mission Planner not launching

Beginner here, just trying to launch Mission Planner.  When running ArdupilotMegaPlanner.exe (1.1.56) I get an error window with a lot of text.  It starts out like this:

A Major error has occured : System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SingletonCreator' threw an exception.
This implementation is not part of the windows platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms. at System.Security.Cryptography.MD5CryptoServiceProvider..ctor() at GMap.NET.GMaps.DecryptString

I can't copy and paste the screen but there are more errors about GMap.

I'm running a Windows 7 with .Net 4.0 x64.

(I noticed there are spelling errors in the message I typed but I've rechecked the error displayed and the spelling errors are there.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time!

Jeff

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

all your settings look ok,

so I would suggest going to the intel website and updating your graphics card drivers.

• Oh, I change the display resolution and the mission planner is working now. Thank you.

• Hi, I have the same problem. It is not an odd case.

Which subkey to 0? I don't know much about Regedit.

Thanks.

missionplannerC_crash.jpg

MP_crash.png

• Developer

the error is around "bitperpixel"

you are using an odd colour depth. please change that.

• If you double click the fipsalgorithmpolicy  you should get a window that will let you edit the subkey.  just type in a 0 if it shows anything else.  Make note of what it displays in that subkey before changing it so you can change it back should you experience adverse effects.

• I have modified it and restarted the computer. Still have the same problem... 

regedit.jpg

• Developer

update your graphics card driver.

it doesn't support opengl

• The odd thing is that Mission Planner works sometimes. But I can't get it running in these 3 days.

I'm using Sony duo 11 laptop. Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity