i thought i might do a post on some feature that most people may not know about. so here goes.
1. HUD, if you double click the hud it will popout, allowing you to run the hud full screen, on a seconds screen.
2. Tuning, if you enable tuning and double click tuning you can graph any data that is availbale in the status tab. this means you can have alt, attitude, or many other options. in real time.
3. Speed Guage, double click this and you can modify the max scale you want to display.
4. Nmea output to serial port, press control-g and you wil get a box asking for a comport and baud rate to output standard nmea data at 2 hz, to any serial port. ie use com2com to emulate a serial port to use with third party applications.
5. Custom imagery, press control-F this allows you to upload your own orthophotos. use will require Globalmapper, as this is currently one of the key steps in exporting in the required format for use in the planner.
6. Prefetch, this is on the flight planner tab and allows you to draw a box to download the selected imagery of a location, so you dont require internet while your at the field.
7. Grid, this is on the flight planner tab to, this allows you to draw a polygon (right click) and automaticly create waypoints over the selected area. NOTE there is no island detection, other advanced polygon features.
8. Setting your home location to the current location is easy, just click "Home Location" above where you enter your home location, and it will set your home location to the current coords.
Hopefully you find some of this useful.
Sweet! I'll copy this to the manual.
Can you explain this a bit more? "NOTE there is no island detection, other advanced polygon features."
Island detection means if you had a big polygon, and a little one inside of that, the little one will not be excluded, from the big one. eg http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:multipolygon
The other part refers to a any polygon that partialy double backs on itself. ie say the letter U as a polygon there is an open area in the center. this would be included as part of the flyover from the left hand side of the U to the very right hand side.
Hopefully that makes sence.
Wow! Thx Michael! I didn't know that number 4 feature exists :)
Michael: A quick question. If I set the home location in the mission planner, then disconnect the board from usb and power it up via a battery and arm the motors. Is the home location reset to where I armed the motors?
Btw: Having the HUD display on the second monitor is an awesome ground station feature.
Great features !!! Only 6 and 8 were known to me and I was looking since long to expand the hud !
Great work !!!
Whoa... Theres a manual ??? WHere is it Chris? Been looking for help in that department!
Marc: where have you been looking? It's right in the main APM manual (here's the main page, with menu items to the left for subpages)
Egads! How could I miss it!? Thank you Chris...
How can i set up my Mission Planner to look like this one http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/MPGCS i.e. to have the HUD at the buttom and the gauges at the top and the staus on the top. I do know that if i double click the HUD i can move it but i can not move the gauges as per your picture in the link.
thats an old pic, and the guages are still there, just down the bottom not up the top.
Thanks Michael for the reply but that way would have been more useful to be able to see all the information in one window. also i noticed in the sun yellow and black are visible easily, is there anyway i can make all my display at the field to yellow and black? or would you consider it for the future works if you also agree with me?