Developer

APM Planner Feature you might have missed

Hi everybody,

i thought i might do a post on some feature that most people may not know about. so here goes.

1. HUD, if you double click the hud it will popout, allowing you to run the hud full screen, on a seconds screen.

2. Tuning, if you enable tuning and double click tuning you can graph any data that is availbale in the status tab. this means you can have alt, attitude, or many other options. in real time.

3. Speed Guage, double click this and you can modify the max scale you want to display.

4. Nmea output to serial port, press control-g and you wil get a box asking for a comport and baud rate to output standard nmea data at 2 hz, to any serial port. ie use com2com to emulate a serial port to use with third party applications.

5. Custom imagery, press control-F  this allows you to upload your own orthophotos. use will require Globalmapper, as this is currently one of the key steps in exporting in the required format for use in the planner.

6. Prefetch, this is on the flight planner tab and allows you to draw a box to download the selected imagery of a location, so you dont require internet while your at the field.

7. Grid, this is on the flight planner tab to, this allows you to draw a polygon (right click) and automaticly create waypoints over the selected area. NOTE there is no island detection, other advanced polygon features.

8. Setting your home location to the current location is easy, just click "Home Location" above where you enter your home location, and it will set your home location to the current coords.

Hopefully you find some of this useful.

Michael

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Try Mission Planner instead.
      • Thanks Michael,

I'll try it.

And once again, thanks for your excellent program :-)

Regards,

Gustav

• 2. Tuning, if you enable tuning and double click tuning you can graph any data that is availbale in the status tab. this means you can have alt, attitude, or many other options. in real time.

Sorry to be daft. I cannot figure out how to do this. Does this mean that I can plot and data in real time? Looking in the Configuration tab, I see nothing. Where is the tuning check box? Is it right in front of me?

• Developer

in the flight data tab, there is a tick box down the bottom under the map called tuning. tick that.

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for a great, and free, product.

I've picked up a small problem with the latest update though.

My 32bit XP pro machine, that has zero battery life updated fine, yesterday.

This morning I took my 64bit Win 7 Pro machine, that can run for 4 hours to the field, and since I had a high speed 3G link, did the update.

And it didn't work.

Uninstalled the program, and downloaded the "Latest" using the link.

Five tries, and it came up with "this is not a valid MSI" whatever.

Am I the only one ?

Regards,

Gustav

• Michael

Just a quick note to say the SHOW MAP feature in the Log Browse screen is legen.... wait for it...dary!

Is that a new feature, or have I just missed it all this time?

Great work!

• When I select "user items" to place on the HUD, I can't chose where they go and they get all jammed together over the AH pitch numbers making it hard to read. It would be great to be able to select the position of User Items. Actually it would be great to move other flight info around too. For example, AS is redundant for me since it's in the ladder. Signal strength in packet loss doesn't seem to drop below 75, even when my rssi and remrssi dropped to 0 and I lost telemetry. I would like to replace the signal indicator with remrssi.
    Thank you for all your hard work.
    Should I put this on github?
  • Mmm, possible bug?

Michael, if I set up a mission, and then assign a function like "Do_Set_Servo" to a waypoint, that waypoint disappears from the screen when I save the mission file.

Actually, this was reported to me by a friend, I tested it, same problem here.

It doesn't get deleted as such, if you assign "Waypoint" to it again, it comes back, but if you were to do this to non sequencial waypoints, the display reflects an entirely new mission.

Regards,

Gustav

• Hi Michael,

I don't know if I can use this discussion to still include suggestions ( I was out a long time, don't know if there new rules/places for suggestions). Anyway:

Mission Planner (flight Plan), Auto  WP menu options, the suggestions is automaticaly created 

spiral ascendent to the plane climb to a final altitude (spiral_ascendent(number of points per turn, final altitude, climb rate/angle?).

The same for spiral descent.

See attached image example.

regards,

Omar

regards.

AW_aspiral.png

• Hi Michael,

Thanks again for your efforts here.

A question, I would like to set up a mission that starts at one position, and end somewhere else, so no "Home".

We have an annual "Long Run" event for charity, 100 Km !

Interestingly, it requires only 19 way points, to be have the aircraft within visual range of the road along the complete route.

Regards,

Gustav

Longrun2011.kmz

Longrun2011.h

This reply was deleted.

Activity