i am currently using the apm 2.6 autopilot system with a turnigy 9x radio. I have put three modes on the autopilot for my rover. They are auto, steering, and manual. In manual, the car drives perfectly fine. But, in auto or steering the cars front wheels swerve back and forth. We have tried it on the pixhawk as well and the same issue occured. I am thinking it might be because the traxxas has two steering servos intead of one? Does anyone else have this problem or has fixed a similiar problem. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i tried calibrating the radio to be in reverse but the same thing happens. also, we have tried lwering the parameters and increasing them as well and nothing changes.

• Hi - I have the same issue using the 2.6 autopilot with spectrum radio. It works great in manual mode. I've set a simple way point in mission planner and  uploaded to the Rover.  When I try placing the rover in auto mode it swerves all over the place and will not go the way point. . I'm using the electric rover that is mentioned in the documentation from Hobby king.This rover has one one servo.

Anyone have any idea's

• ours actually goes to the waypoint with no problem, but the front wheels wiggle back and forth in auto and steering mode causing it to zigzag.

• Admin

@James,

What do you have your NavL1_Period parameter set to? Lower values will result in the steering dithering more than with higher values. Though lower values improve waypoint to waypoint tracking.

Also, higher Cruise_Speed(s) will help reduce the dithering. I find that my rover will dither somewhat at 3m/s, but the dithering goes away at 6m/s and up.

Have you reviewed this section of the ArduRover Wiki for tuning assistance: Tuning tips

I too have a Traxxas E-Maxx brushless 4WD chassis equipped with an APM2.6 and it runs quite well over my test course at higher Cruise Speeds. 

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Many thanks  I have the Navl1_ period set to 8. I reviewed in detail the tuning tips and still get the same results. I use the Hobby King rover that was mentioned in the tutorial. I have the apm mounted about 2 inches above the motor. Perhaps a higher mount would work ?/

This reply was deleted.

Activity