APM2 Throttle Freezing

Hello Everybody,

It seems that I have a problem with my board or there is something I am doing wrong. I am finding that maybe 20-30 seconds after arming my tricopter and giving it a little throttle it becomes unresponsive. The APM board remais running and is not rebooting but the throttle stays constant and I can no longer control it. Every time I bench test, it works fine, once I put props on it and take it outside, it does this. I have to chase it down if I was doing a maneuver or try to grab it out of the air. My hands hurt at this point from prop related injuries and I am afraid to really try to fly it. Does anyone have any advice on what could be going wrong? Any Solutions?

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Justin have you checked how all other channels are behaving with Mission Planner or at CLI? So is it only throttle channel issue or more wider issue. At least this way you can see if your THR is slowly dying by it self.

• Here is a video of the behavior I am experiencing. It seems that the blue light on the board blinks when I try to make changes to the input but the throttle stays at what it was last.

In addition I noticed that the light on the reciever is solid showing the link to the transmitter is still active.

• Start by extracting the logs from it and look at input versus output.

Might be something as simple as loosing the RC signal.

But until you have the logs it is pretty hard to say offhand what might be causing it.

• So I was doing some research and I am experiencing the same issue as the "i2c" bug. Funny cause the frame of the entire Tri is carbon fiber. I am running the latest version of arducopter though? do I need to do anything else to fix this?

This reply was deleted.

Activity