APM2 wont go past "Got param COMPASS_OFX_X"

Hi All,

I finally got around to powering up my APM2 today and all initial steps seemed to go well. Driver installation, mission planner installation, firmware upload, connecting to APM2.. all were fine.

On about the fourth attempt to connect to the board, the Mavlink connect process stopped at "Got param COMPASS_OFX_X" and then timed-out to a "Connect failed" error. The details of the error as as follows "Timeout on read - getParamList 155 175 - Your serial link isn't fast enough".

The baud rate is set to 115,200 as it always has been. I've tried rebooting, removing/replacing data card, changing USB slots, reinstalling firmware.. all to no avail. Every single time I try to connect to APM2 now, it provides the same error.

Could this be a hardware failure?

Many thanks,

Matt.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the same problem. I initially tried Series 1 XBee PRO modules, but I had trouble with the modem control lines. I have now tried Series 2 XBee (not PRO) modules at 115200 baud and 57600 baud and I can't get past the getParamList problem. When I connect via the Terminal interface on the APM Planner, all the comms seems to be working, although it does not decode the data. After I try connect and it fails, I see that some data does get through correctly because the AH changes if I tilt the APM2. I did all the X-CTU tests with the two modules and the range test works fine. This is the error message I get. It says the link is too slow.3692462635?profile=original

I read on the Digi website that you need to specify the Destination Address for both modules to get the fastest response. I had trouble with the Coordinator delaying the data to the router. After I specified the destination addresses that fixed the problem.

It would appear as though the timeouts on sending data between the APM Planner and the APM airborne side is too strict. Maybe the XBee modules delay the data transmission too much before getting the response on the ground. I have tried various configurations on the XBee and is hasn't made any difference. Even the delay before transmission is set to zero.

• Hi all

Everything was working perfectly (5 months ago) and started to not connect more! I see that is a recent problem!

Can anyone help and set the cause of the problem? 

Thanks3692413862?profile=original

• Thanks to all others who also helped eliminate other potential problems.  The problem was that even though I read and re-read the instructions I did not notice that I need to uncomment that line in the APM_Config.h file. Didn't even notice that line at all. It took 3 minutes to get it all working.

# define CONFIG_APM_HARDWARE APM_HARDWARE_APM2

• Matt,

Did you fix the issue?  I have a similar problem

This reply was deleted.

Activity