AR6100 - Can I use it with the Xbee reciever?

Hi,Im reactiving a old project a student a year above me attempted. It was to build a UAV QuadRotor system, but he ran out of time and didnt fully finish it. It currently is controlled using a Spektrum DX7 transmitter and a AR6100 reciever. I really want to creat a base station, but I would prefer to keep the AR6100 in place (else I would the advised Xbee adapter kit etc). I want to be able to transmit certain commands via a laptop and to get outputs back to display on my screen via Labview.Basicly my question is: Can I use the AR6100 transmitter with a XBee Explorer USB (the one advised)? Or should I just scrap the AR6100 and use a Xbee system (which looks eaiser!) Im not really a remote control pro so any alternative options will be cool :)Thanks a lotTom

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Spektrum receiver uses an undocumented encoding system to transmit R/C servo positions. That isn't compatible with the 802.15.4 ZigBee protocol that the XBees use. For a school project, you're better off spending time integrating an XBee than trying to reverse-engineer the AR6100. Consider using an ArduPilot, or a 5v Arduino ProMini to talk to the Xbee and generate your control signals.
This reply was deleted.

Activity