My Name is Sylvain. I had a x-UFO for few years and it was a master piece of stability in ACCRO mode.
Now I integrated aarducopter in a gaui 500x frame see the photo attached. It has :
- 4 980 kV motors
- 4 hobbywings 18Amps ESC
So I installed 2.0.39 code in the APM, and start flying. here is a link of y first flight in accro mode
Here are my questions:
About hardware :
- The tube diameters of my frame is 18mm. Does anyone know a 18Amps ESC which would fit into these?
- X-Ufo propelers were soft and indestructible. They also absorbed shock when chrash. Are there equivalent propelers in 8" or 10" for our copters?
In ACCRO mode :
- can I hope to reach a stability equivalent of the x-ufo If I find the correct PID values?
- When the copter goes forwards it always bend backwards after few meters, I would expect it to keep its orientation? It seems like it is trying to get back to horizontal position. (Same behaviour in all directions)
Switching from ACCRO to stable:
- When in flight I switch from ACCRO to stable mode. The copter turn around 90° or more (see video attached).
- I save the Log from this flight (log everything) can it help me find the cause of this behaviors? Which paramters should I look into?
No need to recompile the code.
I agree with you Sylvain that the mag should be inserted in the "ARDUCOPTER MEGA FULL KIT", otherwise it will not be full... ;) since it is different from the AruduPilot Mega, the package content should be consistent with the type of product you are buying.
That would explain the behaviour on the video (turning when switching to Stable/Simple mode)
But 3 things:
Are you using both GPS and magnetometer? If you're using a GPS, you MUST use a mag.
Remember that in stable mode "forward" is determined at arming time on the ground.