Developer

Arducopter 2.0.55

The latest AC2 code is posted. This is the last code before the big switchover to APM2 codebase.

ArduCopter_2_0_55.zip

What you should expect: More stability and better handling, especially if your CG is not centered. 

Heres the update list from the downloads section:

Most stable flying version yet. Includes new stability patch by default and a new DCM gain and clamp value that should reduce drift due to linear acceleration in missions or long flights.
Switched rate gain calculation to use raw IMU rather than the DCM's omega. This crisps up the response a lot.
1280 has lost local flash logging, sorry, but it's just not supportable any longer.
some older tests have returned now the program memory is freed.
Remember, to use the new logging format on the 2560, you need to erase it at least once to format it.

He're the video showing just the control loop patch. The DCM patch was added later and improved the handling some more.

Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

YHEA !!! That what I'm talking about !!!

Jason :) Its fun to see you getting more aggressive in the air !!!

Well done !!!

• Hi Jason, you are making a great work, time to time going better. I've a strange issue on fly, i was flying in stabilize mode, all ok, then switch to altitude hold and all ok, when i tryed to switch in fly to loiter mode, (20 meters away and 10 hight) all shut down, motors, rc didn't control, and it went down. Luckely on the grass and nothing break out.

The next time I try without propeller in a "hand made test" to see if it is all ok, (with a hand test i try to go away from the Gps lock point and 2 meters up, but what was the issue? have you ever seen something about?

Really a good work, Hi.

Mike

This reply was deleted.

Activity