Developer

ArduCopter 2.4 released

Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• think what i ended up with beforebi had to stop was Stab P=3.6 I=0.05 and D=0.12 for roll and pitch, throttle P=2.50, Loiter P=0.12 , Nav P=2.5. Flight weight right around 1.5kg, 650kV motors, 12*3.8 APC props. Will verify those settings later on in the morning. No wild yawing or leaning as of yet.
  • After trying Git and mission planner i am finding the best results with latest mission planner. have had three good flights with my Y6 and three with my quad. Both using APM1 2560. i am realizing that for me it isnt so much about tweaking the code through the IDE as it is doing a great deal of calibrating. if i can now get my loiter dialed in i will post some video tomorrow. As of the last flights today my problem is a slow drift away from set loiter position. baro and sonar hold are now working very well, in most instances not deviating more than 1.5m for baro only to 0.5 meters for sonar. think i may be able to get the loiter dialed in tomorrow provided weather holds out.
  • hello, are we safe to use for hexa or should we wait for next version? ive just got myself a photohigher gimbal and would hate to crash this.

paul

• Hey

ive uploaded 2.4.1 and tested my Hexa in the Field. But it isnt stable in Loiter. So i investigated the problem and saw, that my Gyros seems to be not okay. So i have to ask. For me is it so, that the Gyros should be zero, if i dont move the Copter. But they dont. Look at the Pic.

The ACC Values (ax, ay, az) are moving too. So, if havnt movement, i shouldnt have an acceleration, or?

Is it normal ?

acc.jpg

• Test 2.4.1 loiter and Guided

• Hello All,

I've done some pre-flight tests today with latest GIT version.

It seems there is something wrong with baro on this version.
    When I arm the motors alt is set to 0 then rise slowly, (my quad stay on the bench).
    If I disarm the motor and arm again alt is reset to 0 then rise up again.

Here is what I get in mission planner:

3692372290?profile=original

It was not the case with 4.2.1 firmware.

I've also attach 2 log file.

I have not made a test flight.

Let me know if I should open an issue.

Olivier

2012-03-13 04-52 2.log

2012-03-13 04-51 1.log

• So, what's the deal?  Is the DCM or quaternion approach being used currently?  How is the filtering scheme with quaternions performing in it's handling of noise/vibrations?  I see the quaternion additions in GIT, hence the questions.

• Thanks dev team,

I didn't try to compile using Arduino before. But i am about to try to do so i can use the GIT release.

My question is, Where is the part that i can define the layout of my copter? Quad, Hex, Or octa?

Thank you.

• Just ran 2 batteries through on my jDrones Hexacopter (880kv, 30amp) with APM2 (git tag: 6cd49a35c130e - the yaw from Tridge). Its much more stable for me than the last few attempts - which were very jittery to say the least.

Windless here, and I manage several hovers with very minimal stick input (not loiter - just nicely balanced). It did pick up a persistent lean to the left, countered with a little right stick - but nothing like as bad as I've seen before. I'm back to mounting the APM on rubber washers onto a board - not suspended on O-rings - maybe thats the cause. Like I said though, its nothing like the '100% stick the other way' stuff I've had in the past.

This was just hovering in the yard - tomorrow, I'll head out to a field and try loiter. Really hoping to see a similar improvement on that ;)

Thanks Guys! Great work :)

• 100KM

Oh, and another rather annoying thing I noticed with git release 94c14cef91ab : I cannot connect to mission planner anymore with my wireless connection (APC220).  Annoying cause now I can't make tlogs anymore for debugging.  I think I saw this problem pass by earlier in this thread, but can't seem to find it anymore.  Anyone know what might be wrong ?  I checked baud rates, they are set at 57000 in both planner and ACM, which seems correct

About the yaw problems, I see Tridge has just pushed a fix to git : 60a6c80614b2 .  Thanks for all the work guys !

This reply was deleted.

Activity