Developer

ArduCopter 2.6 released!

Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!

Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect.  If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.

The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.

Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
     - MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]

- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]

- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]

- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]

- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]

- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]

- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]

- flip & acro improvements [Jason]

- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]

- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]

Bug fixes include:

- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]

- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]

- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]

- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]

- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]

- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]

- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]

Tuning:
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props.  If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs.  Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.

All feedback welcome below.  Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list.  When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).

Happy flying!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm sure this is posted somewhere.. but I did search for about 20min and could not find it.  Is there a full listing of the default PIDS for arducopter 2.6?

I've been tweaking and putzing too much with my PIDS and would like to return to the default values.

I wish this forum had a thread search feature.

• He guys,

First of all sorry if this post looks a bit rushed... but I just spent 15 minutes of writing post... and then the browser crashed.. :D aaaaah.

Any way.. I am following this tread with great interest, however still have some problems as many other people I guess and I couldn't find the answer yet. I hope to some new responses by differing my questions toward fellow member and maybe the developers :)

Currently I am flying a F450 Quad with 4x 850Kv Motors and 10" props. (AMP1) I use one Hyperion 5000mah battery. No landing gear or camera gear at the moment. In other words (except for the battery which is mounted below the frame) a pretty light and straight forward setup.

After the upgrade to 2.6, I experience a severe aggressive copter, that was more difficult to control. After arming with the throttle stick centered it takes with so much power that I have to drop throttle back to approx 25%. Lower then that and the engines will stop / stall. Now what I understood from previous post is that the Max / Min throttle input was altered (lower / higher values compared to 2.5.5)

Now my questions:

1. Is there somebody that can help me with the PID setting for a F450 frame, 850Kv Motor + 10" Props, making it more smoother to fly? (I have standard PID settings at the moment).
    2. Is there already a work around for this power output issue (making my current config take off like a rocket)? (Sorry if this is already addressed.)

Every advise is welcome! I hoping to take my baby out for a little spin tomorrow.

Cheers,

Paul 

• Need help another time ( sorry ) ....

This morning, i put the apm2 on mission planner ( new version ) and i have some problems with my gyros..

Here a short video of my problem: http://youtu.be/dmIlWfYb3nM

Thanks for the help in advance,

David.

Edit: quad in X config and the RX is on the back of the APM2 ^^

So the problem is when i turn the quad on the left or right the gyro is wrong

• My STABILIZE mode doesn't work OK.

Since version 2.6 I noticed the pitch of my tricopter in STAB mode.

I must still pull the lever on my radio in STABILIZE mode otherwise copter fly away quickly. And it doesn't matter if wind blows or not. When I switch to LOITER it stabilizes copter well.

Pitch appears right since take-off in STAB mode.

I thought when I calibrate radio and go to stabilize mode this pitch desappears but it is still there - copters pitch is round 20 degree and stabilze process doesn't correct this.

Could it be problem with compass or gyros?

I attached also log file from this flight.

2012-07-17 15-34 2.log

• Hi,

I flew my first 2 missions with my Tricopter today and all went well.

I can't believe how smoothly the setup and tuning is going. AC 2.6 really does the job. 

If I use Loiter Turns in the MP does it simply rotate on it's axis or does it circle the waypoint? If it circles the waypoint do I use loiter radius to set the size of the circle and if so is it in meters or CM?

Bob 

• hi
    i put Rate P=0.135 and Rate D= 0.004, Stab P and I are as default (4.5 & 0.1) but as you can see here in the pic it shows me this output for Pitch which has +/- 0.5 degree error,what is wrong?
    i tested it on stand...

3692466250?profile=original

• Anyone have idea what can cause situation where ch4 motor output is forced to stay at 1285 max (see picture)? This has happend once earlier also with using 2.6 software.

This happend after i was using XbeePro 2.4GHz telemetry to change PID settings, recalibrating compass and releveling. All went ok, but in field when starting to add throttle i noticed everything is not right and quad wants to flip. Checked at home and find ch4 output is not responding correctly

Erasing Eeprom helped and after changing settings with usb cable everything is ok. Maybe there is bug when changing settings using Xbee and it corrupts Eeprom?? 

Edit: I have APM 1 (2560)

Regards Jani

Arducopter Bug.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692466316?profile=original
  • hello all
    thx for your new version...i have a question about the error of the stab mode....i have a test stand,so while i test the quad on it (pitch) and give it throttle to be stable it make up but it starts oscillate between +- 0,5 to 1 degree....is it acceptable or it should be 0 degree error?
    regards  

Has a Flight Repeater/Copier ever been considered?

I.e. you fly a pattern and the 'copter records and then at the flick of a switch repeats the pattern you've just flown.

• I finally have my Tricopter set up and flying nicely. My yaw is pretty good except for a tiny slow wag at neutral. It’s only noticeable when hovering and looking directly at the tail. I’m going to try next week to get rid of it.

Acro, stable, Altitude hold and loiter are all good. RTL works well but lands somewhere in a thirty foot circle which seems a little sloppy.

I have two questions.

1/ When you set the return to launch altitude is it in meters or centimeters?

2/ I have only activated the RTL  from 100 to 150 yards away and it comes back with out turning to face home. Is this normal?

Bob

This reply was deleted.

Activity